• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lockheed Martin!!!! Way to go!!! Not!!

NW_Pilot

I bet the CEO's are raking in the pay check's while degrading our service etc. on hold for 5 min "Not Bad Usually 20 min" they answer give me my preflight brief every thing is ok no TFR's no major notams except for BFI for airport ground work!!! I launch call Unicom at an airport about 10 min away to pick up a friend. I get a response Ummm aircraft inbound airport is closed as per notam during the air show hold for 10 to 15 and we can let you in between performances!!!! While holding a few other pilots inbound same issue. Thank you Lockheed Martin for not mentioning that notam.

I will add this to my list like not Filing IFR flight plans etc.

I hate them!! They have lost so many of my VFR and IFR flight plans I lost count. I love it when I try to activate a plan and they dont have it. Or, wait!! My best one is where I gave them my VFR flight plan, activated it, then CLOSED it at my destination, then THEY start search and rescue!! What a bunch of idiots!

ummm... it is the responsibility of the PIC to check for ALL notams. NOT the briefer.

Assuming that you're without a handy internet connection, how would you propose one would get them if not by FLIGHT SERVICE?

Lockheed sucks.

I you ask for the NOTAMS and aren't given the correct ones....what is one supposed to do

ummm... it is the responsibility of the PIC to check for ALL notams. NOT the briefer.

Ummm, right. and how does that PIC check for NOTAMS ?????? (Assuming no duats access and no dispatcher to do it for him)

Ummmmm, ya suppose he call flight service? Ummm because if you don't have DUATS or some other computer acess to the notams, FAA is the plac you are supposred to go and is officially the source of NOTAMS for pilots.....Ummmm, ya think?

Ummm, right. and how does that PIC check for NOTAMS ?????? (Assuming no duats access and no dispatcher to do it for him)

Ummmmm, ya suppose he call flight service? Ummm because if you don't have DUATS or some other computer acess to the notams, FAA is the plac you are supposred to go and is officially the source of NOTAMS for pilots.....Ummmm, ya think?

It was better when the FAA had control, last time I was in Muskegon, MI I hung up after burning 150 cell phone min's and obtained the towers number to file IFR they had many complaints that weekend. Two day's before I called for my clearance from independence ks at the H/S line and no IFR flight plan on file had to refile right there at the end of the runway with a new mustang burning lots of fuel behind me!

Try to find a briefer that can brief the North Atlantic, Pacific Routes, or Mexico....When in Bangor you get some idiot in AZ, FAA when I am in the NW or NE I don't need a briefer that is in FL, TX or AZ.

I am Glad it was not a TFR or any thing serious like flying a plane with out comms that could have ended up bad and ruining the air show. Seeing aerobatic planes with their smoke on is not unusual for the airport I was stopping at either. There is a lot of practice and training there it's cow country and a practice area.

Lockheed Martin has no place in the Civilian Sector they need to go back to war mongering!!!

End Rant!

Last edited:

Whatever,

We call 1800 WX-Brief for notams tfr's and weather, Now staffed by a bunch of idiots/moron's that are incompetent.

I really like, There no such airway R464 or Intersection BART, BLUFF, & BAKON Etc and airway's start with V not R sir! as for the weather data and charts our system don't have them, I figured they would be training their briefers a little better. You want to file a What flight plan? ICAO! Hold on need to transfer you to a different briefer sorry you need a briefer that can handle international flight's! Your taking a 172 to whare? Endurance on this 172? 17 hours! Your joking, NO! OK, Any remarks or comments? Yea, I would like to add over gross condition, Fuel on board 181 Gallons, (Required on Ferry Permit to be on Flight Plan), Climb 100fpm or less, No Changes, NO DP's, request Immediate Release No Holds, Cruise climb till XXX intersection or altitude. Let me ask someone how to put that in, Call for your clearance you get depart via the XXX departure!

Just 1 year ago it was not bad! Sad our goverment allows such incompetent's fron a contractor!

Ahhhhh!!!!! Now if at a towered airport file with the tower no mistakes! For weather I pay for a Jeppesen subscription. If no Internet available stuck with WX-Brief!!!

Latest resources

Back