• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Living in a van down by the river

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong. When folks see airline guys eating vendo-mat food, sleeping in old RVs, and not living the glamorous life...it will do a couple things.

First...it may put a dent in the number of folks spending 25k-100k for ab initio flight training at the various flight schools. That 150k/year major job may NOT just be around the corner after all..

Next...it gives labor a bit of ammo when folks talk about "overpaid" spoiled pilots who work 10 days a month for tons of money.

Its a shame, but that former Gulfstream pilot who had checkride troubles and crashed that Q-400 may do more for fixing our profession than countless hard working union guys who toiled for years to make changes. Granted--they paved the way...but the horrible end to that Colgan flight has opened a lot of eyes as to what the profession really looks like...especially in the trenches at the Regionals...

Was almost there myself, but the Hacienda was a better deal.

Wrong. When folks see airline guys eating vendo-mat food, sleeping in old RVs, and not living the glamorous life...it will do a couple things.

First...it may put a dent in the number of folks spending 25k-100k for ab initio flight training at the various flight schools. That 150k/year major job may NOT just be around the corner after all..

Next...it gives labor a bit of ammo when folks talk about "overpaid" spoiled pilots who work 10 days a month for tons of money.

Its a shame, but that former Gulfstream pilot who had checkride troubles and crashed that Q-400 may do more for fixing our profession than countless hard working union guys who toiled for years to make changes. Granted--they paved the way...but the horrible end to that Colgan flight has opened a lot of eyes as to what the profession really looks like...especially in the trenches at the Regionals...

I agree. As much as it was a terrible thing, that crew just made the public pay attention to the plight of our industry.

That was a pretty shocking story....a late 60's prostitute with a penchant for silver mini dresses and high heels!!?? What the hell has this world come too?

That's the other guy. Not the one at our seniority.

Oops. It was posted right after the post about the 60 year old, so I figured he was talking about the old, pathetic dude living in a van down by the river who had lots of time on his hands to clean his dentures.

for the record, I always tell Todd to retire. (he's 2 numbers senior to me, and has been stalking me since flight school.).

:laugh:
Mookie

for the record, I always tell Todd to retire. (he's 2 numbers senior to me, and has been stalking me since flight school.).

:laugh:
Mookie

This guy sorta looks familiar...

Was he flying RJ's out of LGA for a USAir commuter 7 yrs ago? I may have had a conversation with him in the terminal. From what I recall, he recently made captain but was looking to get out of the industry due to the impact on his family.

Latest resources

Back