Living in a van down by the river

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This guy sorta looks familiar...

Was he flying RJ's out of LGA for a USAir commuter 7 yrs ago? I may have had a conversation with him in the terminal. From what I recall, he recently made captain but was looking to get out of the industry due to the impact on his family.

nope....he didn't have any jet time before getting to Alaska. (it's an inside joke....)

Mookie

Its a shame, but that former Gulfstream pilot who had checkride troubles and crashed that Q-400 may do more for fixing our profession than countless hard working union guys who toiled for years to make changes. ...

WRONG ALBIE....the public forgot about this as quickly as the footage left the airways. It's back to business as usual for the FAA. I spoke with an inspector yesterday who said, and I quote; "Our (faa) job is not to protect the public, but to provide the minimum standards to which the airlines must operate."

Sorry to burst your bubble, I also used to think the system worked and was fair and righteous.

oh...the parking-lot-pilot is being "evicted" as you read this.

Last edited:
The story FOX news had this morning about the LAX parking lot, was that the crews where living here so they could get more rest and be closer to the airport!!!!!!!! The reporter commended them for making it more safer for them and the passengers...Wrong they are living there to help save money vs. paying for hotels or crashpads!!! We all know to well what paycuts has done to our ability to spend more!!!

Latest resources

Back