• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Living in a van down by the river

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
Don't forget the SKYW F/O who lived in a tent down on the beach in SBA, permanent vacation!
PBR

Sandhawk

Waiting on Dec 13, 2012
Total Time
Mucho+
When I read the title, I thought this was another thread about USAPA.............

djsk

Total Time
3K ish
"The 60-year-old aviator's..." How many years does he have left in his life and he wants to spend what could be 25%ish of his remaining time on this earth in the LAX parking lot!?

Mookie

luckiest man alive
Total Time
just talked to the guy, (we were in class together) he's being stalked by Inside Edition right now....I'm totally serious. check it out tonight on tv.

Mookie

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Total Time
+13000
You just know nothing good will come from that kind of attention. Bunched-up undies will commence at many levels....freakin media on top of 'the important news'.

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
Total Time
Wrong. When folks see airline guys eating vendo-mat food, sleeping in old RVs, and not living the glamorous life...it will do a couple things.

First...it may put a dent in the number of folks spending 25k-100k for ab initio flight training at the various flight schools. That 150k/year major job may NOT just be around the corner after all..

Next...it gives labor a bit of ammo when folks talk about "overpaid" spoiled pilots who work 10 days a month for tons of money.

Its a shame, but that former Gulfstream pilot who had checkride troubles and crashed that Q-400 may do more for fixing our profession than countless hard working union guys who toiled for years to make changes. Granted--they paved the way...but the horrible end to that Colgan flight has opened a lot of eyes as to what the profession really looks like...especially in the trenches at the Regionals...

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
Was almost there myself, but the Hacienda was a better deal.

Captain Morgan

Total Time
-
Wrong. When folks see airline guys eating vendo-mat food, sleeping in old RVs, and not living the glamorous life...it will do a couple things.

First...it may put a dent in the number of folks spending 25k-100k for ab initio flight training at the various flight schools. That 150k/year major job may NOT just be around the corner after all..

Next...it gives labor a bit of ammo when folks talk about "overpaid" spoiled pilots who work 10 days a month for tons of money.

Its a shame, but that former Gulfstream pilot who had checkride troubles and crashed that Q-400 may do more for fixing our profession than countless hard working union guys who toiled for years to make changes. Granted--they paved the way...but the horrible end to that Colgan flight has opened a lot of eyes as to what the profession really looks like...especially in the trenches at the Regionals...

I agree. As much as it was a terrible thing, that crew just made the public pay attention to the plight of our industry.

Dan Roman

Total Time
That was a pretty shocking story....a late 60's prostitute with a penchant for silver mini dresses and high heels!!?? What the hell has this world come too?

QCappy

Left Coaster
Total Time
9000+
just talked to the guy, (we were in class together) he's being stalked by Inside Edition right now....I'm totally serious. check it out tonight on tv.

Mookie

Did you also tell him to retire?

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
Hmmmm...a 60 something prostitute with "a penchant for silver mini dresses and high heels".

Well, the poor bastard must have just missed the age 60 rule change.

What's a fella' to do?

Those boat payments still have to be made, now don't they.......?

YKMKR

Last edited:

QCappy

Left Coaster
Total Time
9000+
That's the other guy. Not the one at our seniority.

Oops. It was posted right after the post about the 60 year old, so I figured he was talking about the old, pathetic dude living in a van down by the river who had lots of time on his hands to clean his dentures.

Mookie

luckiest man alive
Total Time
for the record, I always tell Todd to retire. (he's 2 numbers senior to me, and has been stalking me since flight school.).

:laugh:
Mookie

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
for the record, I always tell Todd to retire. (he's 2 numbers senior to me, and has been stalking me since flight school.).

:laugh:
Mookie

This guy sorta looks familiar...

Was he flying RJ's out of LGA for a USAir commuter 7 yrs ago? I may have had a conversation with him in the terminal. From what I recall, he recently made captain but was looking to get out of the industry due to the impact on his family.