Live where you want at NetJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Domilciles

Thats really a mute point, since all pilots hired before the current CBA were grandfathered in to there HBA's. To make it fare it should be 30% of the new hires after the the current CBA. Were up to 2525 pilot's or 525 NH's 30% of that fig. is approx 160. Just MHO.

Cheers P3hawk

I wish it worked like that, but unfortunately that is now how the contract reads. It is 30% of total pilots, not new hires.....

p3hawk said:
Thats really a mute point, since all pilots hired before the current CBA were grandfathered in to there HBA's. To make it fare it should be 30% of the new hires after the the current CBA. Were up to 2525 pilot's or 525 NH's 30% of that fig. is approx 160. Just MHO.

Cheers P3hawk

Your numbers are off, we haven't hired 525 pilots post-rat. The last pilot to be hired pre-rat. is number 2191 out of 2525, that comes out to 334. Like Flynetjets says, it is 30% of the total seniority list.

My Mistake

OOps sorry, Just going by the "crew ops" senority list. 8-14-06. but still a mute point.

Man, do you guys just resign yourselves to the fact that you can't spell the simplest words, and refuse to learn the correct spelling and/or usage?

Mute/moot
Fare/fair
Were/we're
There/their/they're

Look them up. Please.

That's just in one post. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

So if you put in a domicile preference will the company wait to interview you until that domicile opens up?

Skyward, yes. That's been happening to others. You will increase your odds of getting an interview with each domicile you can consider. My husband advises pilots to take what they can get now (if they can make it work out) and bid for the domicile of your choice once you're in the system.

Hey, UG, good post! You see, there are things that we agree on....:p Here's another one for your list that you're compiling --- your and you're. As you can see, it's not just a spelling problem; it's a usage problem, as well. As I often see your used in place of you're, I tend to think it's a matter of inattention to detail-- which surprises me coming from pilots.

To those of you who think we're being picky, I offer this thought. If you expect to be paid like a professional, looking and sounding like one is a good beginning. We all know how much importance is placed on first impressions and packaging. I can't speak for UG, but I offer the free advice out of common concern and fellowship....with just a touch of exasperation...;) NJW

The NJ pilots who know my husband realize how very wrong you are. On the point of his knowledge, though, you're entirely correct. For the record, my husband is one of the hard-working volunteer leaders of 1108.

Certainly pilots can hold out for the domicile of their choice, but in the meantime, the opening must be offered to pilots on property first. That rule is in the LOA which governs domiciles. You don't have to be management to know that...:rolleyes:

"To those of you who think we're being picky, I offer this thought. If you expect to be paid like a professional, looking and sounding like one is a good beginning. We all know how much importance is placed on first impressions and packaging.".......NJW

NutJetWife,

So you are lecturing us pilots on how to be professional? Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night? The day you strap your a$$ to an airplane and do the job we do is the the DAY you can give advice on how to be a professional. This almosts tops your post on tipping etiquette.

You are a trip women,

SCT

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back