Live where you want at NetJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Gimp said:
This is a chat room right? So I am utilizing this resource. Be gone.
No, actually, it's not. This is a message board, not a chat room.

BTW, that's "begone", not "be gone".

Just trying to help. :smash:

The Gimp said:
You guys are hard core. Must be a bunch of reformed freight dogs, so that means there still hope for me. I appreciate the one responce that was serious.
Glad I could help
If I get on, do I get sensitivity training after CRM?
No, but you can cry on one of the flight manager's if you are having a bad day. They will listen.
You guys are probobly cool at the bar, just need bring it down a couple notches.
Yup, and I might buy the first 2 rounds.

Teb

tk855 said:
You are allowed to live anywhere you desire, but....you will be based out of one of the five listed domiciles. The domiciles are currently CMH, LAX, TEB, PBI, and DAL. If you choose to live outside of the domicile it will be your responsibility to be in position at the required time on day one. NJA currently does not require you to be within a certain distance of your based domicile like some other companies. I have heard of guys living in VA commuting to CMH, or guys living in STL commuting to DAL. Commuting usually means windshield time since we currently have no "official" jumpseat agreements.

If you are from New Jersey & you want TEB can you get it. Or do you have to take whatever you get? What kinda of airplanes are being offered right now?

skiandsurf said:
The ones that are nice and clean and have two jet engines mounted near the tail.

Good Point, who cares... Can you answer the second question, smart guy?

Capt. JD said:
Good Point, who cares... Can you answer the second question, smart guy?

I was offered different planes based on what class date I chose. At the time I went thru, there were guys in evertyhing but the Falcon EZ and the BBJ. Those go pretty senior. But all Citation models, Hawkers 400 and 800, Falcon 2000 and G200 were represented in my indoc class.

But this has been 8 months ago.

Capt. JD said:
If you are from New Jersey & you want TEB can you get it. Or do you have to take whatever you get? What kinda of airplanes are being offered right now?

There are no guarantees that you will get TEB, even if you live nearby. If you indicate that you want TEB as a domicile, they will likely wait to interview you until they have openings. Recently, guys wanting the DAL domicile have waited since February to interview because they were unwilling or unable to accept any other domicile.

Is it true that you can become home based later on or will you have to stay with one of the five? I know those that started before the contract was rattified can still be home based; is there a point, with senority, where new hires will have the same option? (I was told that once you reach the top 70% you will be able to live wherever you want)

Yes there is a provision in the contract that will allow pilots hired after the contract to use the HBA's. However, if you look at the language, we would need close to 5000 pilots before the first pilots after the ratification are able to use the HBA's.

I would put a little hope in what happens next year. The majors are going to start hiring again, and we have a fair amount of pilots over 65 who will be leaving, so it will be interesting to see if the company might be forced to open up some additional airports.

SinglePliot135 said:
Is it true that you can become home based later on or will you have to stay with one of the five? I know those that started before the contract was rattified can still be home based; is there a point, with senority, where new hires will have the same option? (I was told that once you reach the top 70% you will be able to live wherever you want)

Your numbers are backwards. The post-ratification hires need to be in the top 30% of the seniority list. I will agree with Flynetjets in that we will have to almost double the seniority list in order for the first post-rat. newhire to receive home basing.

Latest resources

Back