• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lisa Tealer can't use seat-back trays when she's flying because she's "fat"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate when I am stuck behind two fatties walking down the hallway at work. There isn't enough room to pass and when you do see a chance to get by and accidently touch one of them they give me the "Excuse you" look at the same time I am giving them the "Please waddle in single file" look.

Tealer, who's a board member of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance

Ya' know mizz Tealer, if you spent as much time on the treadmill as you do on the board of Fattties are us, you might be able to get re-aquatinted with your toes.

Ah yes, overweight, the last acceptable thing to be a prejudice a-hole about. I guess they took away your ability to make fun of racism, sexism, homosexuals, poor people, and the handicapped. It's a good thing you guys can enjoy making fun of overweight people or you might just kill yourselves. Enjoy!

maybe because being fat is a choice where the other examples you give are not. overweight people cost the us health care system 150 billion a year. imagine how many people that could feed that need the food.

How come I always end up sitting next to angry fat people when I commute? So angry, in fact, they horde the armrest amd complain about the size of the seat they are squeezed in. Maybe congress should pass a bill calling for a division of weight classes on airplanes. Under 180 you sit in rows 1 through 15. Over 180, you sit in rows 15 and higher. Why not, the congress wants to regulate everything else.

I was flying with a very heavy set male flight attendant about 4 months ago. When we did the Lav-swap, I was talking to him while raiding the forward galley. The conversation went like this:

Me: So how's it going back here, everything good?
Him: Eh, all right.
Me: You seem like something is bothering you. What's up?
Him: I just found out yesterday that I caught diabetes.
Me: Uhhhh...well I'm sorry to hear that (while looking away and trying to stifle laghter)

What I was THINKING: Really, big guy? You caught diabetes? Like somebody who had it sneezed and then didn't wash their hands? REALLY? You think it had nothing to do with eating as much as you do or your lack of exercise?

I'm 6'6. More often then not I get stuck in the middle seat in the back of the airplane when I'm non-reving and I don't bitch about it. It's just a fact of life that airplane seats don't offer a lot of legroom and it's way better than sitting in a car for hours. Because you know what else are small? Pretty much all of my friends cars and about every car I can afford to rent. Again, it's doesn't bother me because it's not like I was 5'5" when I went to bed and when I got up this morning the world seems so tiny. I don't really even notice unless they guy in front of me gets a running start to recline his seat. The only thing that sorta does irritate me is in the unlikely event I DO get an exit row seat, some little 5'5" dude sits down next to me and tells me how much he needs the exit row because he feels cramped in normal seat. Then I tell him "Wow, really? You think you really NEED the room? Is it because you pushing 5 and a half feet tall and these seats aren't meant for big guys like you?" They either get embarrassed or indignant. Either way, I don't care. It's not like they're going to change.

Last edited:
Then I tell him "Wow, really? You think you really NEED the room? Is it because you pushing 5 and a half feet tall and these seats aren't meant for big guys like you?"

LMAO, these are the same guys who have the seat in their car all the way forward.

LMAO, these are the same guys who have the seat in their car all the way forward.
Hey, I happen to be 5' 5" and you two are offending me with your discriminatory remarks. I'm calling that wannabe newspaper to complain. :)

Latest resources

Back