• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Limitations on the Use of Automation at Your Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E=MC2. Physics is a against you. Remove the physics and it will work, I think they're working on this over at area 51 so hold on tight.

I love how you start with, "I have a Masters in Aero Space engineering whatever" and said the plane won't fly.

Then you post a novel and talk yourself into the plane will fly as the tread mill would have to go soooo fast as to cause axle or tire failure to hold it still.

Glad to see your super duper masters degree in aero lift theory flux design didn't give you the education that you just gave yourself in just one post on FlightInfo.

no, your right... i responded too fast without thinking about it enough. usually when you do that you say something wrong. it isn't beyond me to admit that. sometimes when you are a show off you wind up tasting your shoe. yummmmm

Boobs!!

Really really nice boobs.

WTF did that chick do to her chest?!?!!?!?!

32AA would have looked better than that!

You know what....after seeing those I think I might just head up to WeHo for the night. Damn.

Yeah, but she's an Auburn girl. That spells perfection, boob job or otherwise.

Except for the fact that she probably has an opinion about everything....

In light of the discussion in another thread about pilots rejecting an aircraft due to automation being MELd.

What are the limitations on the Use of Automation at your company?

Piedmont

-Flight Director must be used for the takeoff segment (up to 1500ft AGL)

-Autopilot cannot be engaged below 1500ft AGL on takeoff

-Autopilot must be disconnected below 200ft AGL on approach

-Flight Director altitude capture must always be armed when changing altitudes. (the pitch command bar will appear when you need to level off. Once level, it can be cleared)

Automation dependency is a serious topic. You need to watch AA's "Children of the Magenta" because I would bet half of you couldn't fly an ILS in a C172 with steam gauges any more. I've witnessed plenty of crappy ILSs on the peanut gauges to know this.

Give the guy a break, this is a legitimate thread.

Latest resources

Back