• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Limitations on the Use of Automation at Your Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thats funny because it was the guys younger than I was in my class that went to fly the ATR... However, sometimes I wish I had just for the experience.

What if you put an airplane on a giant treadmill designed to match the speed of the plane and hold it stationary as the airplane accelerated.

Would it ever take off?

OMG no it wont! Seriously!

The lift equation states that lift L is equal to the lift coefficient Cl times the density r times half of the velocity V squared times the wing area A.

L = Cl * r * .5 * V^2 * A

The velocity, V, is the free-stream velocity just ahead of the stagnation point located on the wing's leading edge. This would be 0 in the scenario you provide thus setting the solution for the equation of lift, L, to 0 as well.

Idiots.... GOSH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBJbWC5J2M&feature=fvst

I want to know how she took those stickers off without hurting her.....uh you know.

Hooray for boobies!!

BBBBBBBbbbbbBBBBBbbbbBBBBbbbbbbBBBBBBBBBbbbbbBBBBB

The Chinese have already experimented with Airplane/Treadmill theory. Except that they have giant treadmills as well as wind tunnels so as to create enough wind while the airplane remains in one spot while the treadmills is running. They have managed to float an airplane but nobody knows what to do to make it fly away

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back