Light weight headsets??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superrav

Looking for a new pair of noise cancelling headsets...one of the ones that molds to your ear?? Does anyone have any advice? thanks

how about those new Lightspeed Mach 1's?? They're not out yet..but does anyone have lightspeed's??

Do you have a like to a site which has panthers??

i have the bose already..im looking for something like the fitted ear mold headsets. The bose are great but they dont block all the noise..

Has anyone checked out the Lightspeed Mach 1 yet? Its do out next month.

Want to sell me your bose then? Anyone else ever used the Clarity Aloft?

Clerity aloft is nice. Its not active, only passive, but reduction is amazing and sound quality is second to none. Ive worn bose, Ive worn DC's, but until you try these on you dont realize how nice a headset can be. You are literally wearing ear plugs with speakers in them and a microphone on a boom like singers.....
You sometimes forget its on..... (maybe slight exaggeration) but its extremely comfortable.

You do have to replace the ear pieces about once a month (as advertised). 6 pairs (6 month) supply is like $20....$40 a year is not bad....

My .02

Do they work well in loud props?

how loud is loud?
I've used them in: Navajo, seminole, seneca (older model not well sealed), Cessnas and pipers and not found them to be any louder (slightly quieter) than any passive headset ive worn......

Way2Broke said:
Do they work well in loud props?

My Maule is one of the noisest airplanes I've ever flown...and the Clarities are quieter than the DC's that I converted to noise cancelling.

Flew 10 hours in the Maule one day this spring, and noise fatigue was noticably less than any other headset.

Fly safe!

David

Latest resources

Back