• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see you are back to name calling again. The thing you don't understand is the fact that there are pilots that are concerned about the future of this company. When we interviewed for this company, KR painted a rosy picture, but that has since faded. Now we need your empty promises put in an enforceable agreement. So the next question is who is on my side? RH/KR or local 1108?

Vinny those were very Dark Days that could easily happen again, and that is but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the depths at which this management team is willing to go with there lies and deceit when communicating with the Flexjet and Flight Options pilots. We have many pilots whom have severed this great nation with there military service and KR isn't one of them, I would think JS would be embarrassed by such a claim coming from a college alumnus.

RH takes umbrage

In a recent letter to the Flexjet pilots, Vice President of Flight Operations Rick H. made the following angst-filled statements:

Recently things have been said by individuals of the FJ-POC that I just can't let go.

The FJ-POC can dismiss us. They can tell you we can't be trusted, are liars and "minions of Kenn the devil."

When has anyone on this team not had your backs?

There have been 50-plus letters sent by the Union and FJ-POC with some ugly claims against management. Many accusations concentrate on me and Kenn.

These are the venomous accusations that I shelter from my family. How do I explain to my kids the ugly things these people say about me?

It's remarkable that Rick H. would claim so much umbrage in public, given that he has not been the victim, as he tries to portray himself, but has in fact been the aggressor.

In January 2015, Kenn R. ordered Rick H. to fire two Flexjet pilots. One for the crime of posting this statement on the message board yammer, "The Company won"t honor the document they forced us to sign and you defend it? must be some damn good cool aid [that Rick H. Drank]". Another was fired for posting, "a-friggin-men!!!", in response.

The union responded to the terminations of these members of it's Flexjet organizing committee by filing a law suit in Federal District Court, which subsequently ended up in front of an arbitrator. Following witness testimony, in his decision on August 17, 2015, this is how the arbitrator described the events that followed.

The following day, January 29, 2015, Carrier Chairman Ken R. sent an email to VP of Human Resources, Robert S., asking, "Who are these Scott and Kevin guys?" According to VP for Flight Operations Rick H., he sent an email to Mr. R. and Mr. S. telling them that he believed that the behavior of [pilot] M. and [pilot]R. was "way over the line." [He] further told Ricci, "Look forward to talking to you and remember it's not the majority view. In fact I have received many calls, emails and text from pilots that want their heads to roll." Carrier Chairman Ken Ricci replied to [Rick] H. by email on January 29, 2015, saying that "We need to let these two guys go."

In his ruling the Arbitrator made the following statements about the behavior of the management team Rick H. belongs to:

Management's actions were designed to send a chilling message to pilots who were strongly supportive of the IBT's organizing drive, the Arbitrator believes.

The Arbitrator finds that the Carrier?s discharges of the Employees were unlawful because they were based on retaliation for what was a protected activity.

Does any of this sound like the behavior of someone who "had your backs". See here's the thing Rick. When you play the victim in messages to the pilots, after you violated federal law, you come across as a hypocrite. All this whining about, "venomous accusations" and "ugly claims against management", comes across as the ranting of a tyrant's little lapdog and servant.

Face up to it man, you fingered those pilots and put their families through hell, so you could ingratiate yourself with your new master. You've actually done the things you're being accused of doing. At this stage it's really hard to make any credible argument otherwise, especially when an arbitrator agrees and makes you reverse your actions by reinstating the pilots you fired, with full back pay and a make-whole provision.

As for how you're going to explain to your kids that many of the pilots you supervise now think of you and your boss as common criminals, for what you were found guilty of putting those pilots through. That's your problem, but just stop whining about it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back