• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Liberal Captains and Bad Weather

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What exactly is your problem with me and my posts, Avbug.

I don't need to have a problem. Your posts, your numbers, your descriptions, your information, and your background are a problem all by themselves. They don't add up, and don't equate to whom you proclaim yourself to be.

Your sappy insults and garbage that got bantied about during the "747 firebomber" thread was what I just quoted, following your discourse with DC4boy regarding fire flying.

Someone telephoned me, and asked if airtanker pilots ever refer to what we do as firebombing. Had nothing to do with you. Nope, I said. That's a term that people outside the business, and the media, use. Then they asked about your reference to firebombing. I told them that you're Canadian, different terminology, and yes, it's possible. But what about this eight years vs. fifteen years, they asked. Dunno, I said. Until they phoned, I hadn't read the thread. So I posted.

Apparently when you were talking to DC4boy about fire, you were also referring to ag at the same time and didn't make it clear. It appears clear now. However, your comments from before indicate either a very clear lack of fire experience or just experience from the good old cowboy days. It surely doesn't work like that any more; the industry has learned better.

As for DC4boy's parrying with Mar...it's a losing battle. Mar has more flight and avaition experience at this stage than DC4boy will have during his entire career, and in more aircraft. I think dyncorp and CDF has gone to his brain. I have a lot of respect for anything that Mar has to say. Further, he's got the experience and the authority to earn that respect.

As far as him being in a douglas product, he didn't simply get given his current position in the airplane. He earned it, as has recently A Squared. When I say earned, I don't mean he waited until his seniority number came up and then simply slid into the position. I mean he earned it in blood, sweat, and tears, and it should have been his a long time ago. Make no mistake about it.

Now that we have that all laid out is there anything else I can help you out with?

No.

Well Avbug fortunately I do not need your approval to run my business.

I truly don't understand why you are so suspicious about my background, not that it really matters.

But I would be careful about making sweeping statements denigrating total strangers because you just might end up looking more of a fool than you appear to be.

Then again I have met a lot of insecure people in aviation, maybe thats your real problem. :D

Oh, by the way fire bombing is a Canadian thing.......Maybe you just haven't done much travelling huh?

Has it ever occured to you that I don't have the same facination with your background that you seem to have with mine?

Its because I am not insecure... :D

Oh one more comment Avbug, I have understated my background and flight time when I filled out the personal stuff here.,..because I'm not insecure and it really does not mean all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Cat Diver

Last edited:
Understated, mate? You've gone out of your way to sell yourself and your background. Have a ball.

Ah, for cryin' out loud

It was much more fun when DC4boy and I were sluggin' it out 'cause it was dumb and didn't mean anything.

But it kinda bums me out to see two of my favorite posters takin' pot shots at each other.

But it's interesting, isn't it, how people with ostensibly similiar backgrounds go head to head?

DC4boy/mar
Avbug/Cat Driver

I wonder what's really at the bottom of it all?

Politics Mr Mar... Politics.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** liberals :D

"I think dyncorp and CDF has gone to his brain. "

Just exactly what does that mean?

I respect mar, as I do you. You guys have earned it.

As far as my career goes, you dont know me, what i've done, where I'm going. Dont be so quick to judge.....

Dyncorp and CDF; The most proffesional, highest paid operation in the business.

I disagree with mar politically, not aviationally......

"Never dislike someone based on political views"....................

Mar :

Good question, sometimes people will read something into a typed post that was not there.

Avbug and I got off to a bad start about flying air tankers. It is not the way I wish to interact with my colleauges in aviation, but sometimes emotions will overcome common sense.

I wish to apologize for being so juvenile.

I would far rather discuss flying on the same level you and I did on the Alaska thread, that was interesting and comfortable discussion.

Spent a lot of time on the phone to England last couple of days, the London Tel Aviv ferry is now a go. Just waiting for the insurance cost and now comes the flight permits headache and making sure 100LL is available at the airports we flight plan to.... It can sometimes be a real problem.

Cat.

Testosterone: the bane of good sense

Cat Driver--you don't owe me an apology. I'm just as guilty as the next guy of unzipping my fly to see who measures up.

As I mentioned in "I want my $50 back" this website is brimming with testosterone.

But I try to keep it in perspective. Have a little fun with it. After all, it's cool to flex your muscles a little but the *key* is you gotta look like you just happened to flex that muscle as part of a natural act.

Again, I offer myself as an example. I happen to think I'm the best goddam pilot to ever walk the face of the earth. But it's really tacky to say so, see?

So what I gotta do is offer some incidental story about how I was flying with this really green and quite illiterate young republican...

<flips the finger, shouts an obscenity and leaves>

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** facists!!!!:D

DC4boy said:

Dyncorp and CDF; The most proffesional, highest paid operation in the business.

Yes CDF, the best firefighters in the world. Just ask them! :)

Heard that joke some last summer. It wasnt referring to the aerial side though. Aerial side seems to be pretty well respected.

Actually the way how California and CDF run the aerial side, might be the future for the tanker industry. A system where the feds and DoD retain title to future surplus aircraft, and contractors fly them might be what happens, since the aircraft now, certainly will not be around forever.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back