Liberal Captains and Bad Weather

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

I was just sitting here wondering which you would rather fly with a liberal or conservative in bad weather? Can you just see the liberal?

RJ approaching squall line..........

FO: Captain looks like some bad wx up ahead.
CA: Define bad weather........
FO: numerous embedded TX with tops to 50,000 and it looks like were attenuating.
CA: attenuating smenuating....we've got a job to do son.....we haven't hurt anyone the weather will hold for us.

*hail begins hitting the windscreen*
FO: sir we have hail
CA: thats not hail its just loud rain!
FO: we've lost #1
CA: what is #1 and who says it must be #1 but maybe its really #2?............how can you really be sure its #1 I mean I know they told you that in training but think about it for a minute........

I don't know if I should reply on this thread...

ok....I deleted the other one.. Heres the reply from Typhoon that got deleted.

...or this thread.

Well, more people seem to be reading this one, so here I go:

We have a captain here at ASA--no names, please!--who is the most politically liberal guy I know. Makes me look like Sean Hannity. And you know what? You're right, this is exactly how he flies, rumple. I can't tell you how many airplanes he's totaled and passengers he's maimed or killed. In fact, he himself has died in thunderstorms eleven times.

Yeah, never fly with a liberal. It's dangerous!

O.K., again, Liberals should'nt fly airplanes.

Read back correct.......................

You're right. You'd be much better off with a conservative captain:

FO: Captain, can you turn down the country-western music for a minute. There's some weather up ahead.

CA: Weather? Where? Let's fly right into the throat of it. Teach it a lesson. It is evil. Let me quote from Leviticus--

FO: But Captain, it looks like a level five. We should divert.

CA: Divert? Are you questioning my judgement? How dare you question me. I have been chosen by God to lead us through this line of weather! There is evil in the world. And it is straight ahead, boy.

FO: But Captain, regulations--

CA: Regulations? What are you some type of commie? That's what's wrong with the world ... too much government. We should let the market decide: Too many crashes and an airline goes under? See? Now, continuous ignition and hold on ...

GogglesPisano said:
CA: Divert? Are you questioning my judgement? How dare you question me. I have been chosen by God to lead us through this line of weather! There is evil in the world. And it is straight ahead, boy.
I thought rumple's post was sort of lame, but this is really funny! :D

GogglesPisano said:
You're right. You'd be much better off with a conservative captain:

FO: Captain, can you turn down the country-western music for a minute. There's some weather up ahead.

CA: Weather? Where? Let's fly right into the throat of it. Teach it a lesson. It is evil. Let me quote from Leviticus--

FO: But Captain, it looks like a level five. We should divert.

FO: But Captain, regulations--

CA: Regulations? What are you some type of commie? That's what's wrong with the world ... too much government. We should let the market decide: Too many crashes and an airline goes under? See? Now, continuous ignition and hold on ...

I have to agree, Typhoon. This one is much more funny.

It is a hilarious example of the lack of understanding of what it means to be a conservative. I think I may save this one as a word doc under silly human tricks. :D

Latest resources

Back