Letter to B.T. FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hear, hear!

I heartily agree with realityman. The old "If this is such a bad place to work, then just leave!" argument is essentially flawed: It starts with a base assumption that the job is all about "you"; it continues with a capitulation, to the effect that nothing can be done about a bad job (or working conditions), so the only viable option is to bug out.

Well, the job is about more than you; it's about all of us as a team, as well as about the Owners whom we serve. And I believe that if you have any loyalty to the organization you serve, you also incur a responsibility to try to make a bad situation better though your actions; as opposed to throwing up your hands and walking out the door. Of course, I was raised in an atmosphere of "if there's a mess in the house, pitch in and help clean it up"; others may not have had the benefit of that philosophy in their formative years.

Just my .02

Regards,
Mike

Excellent post!

anonypilot said:
A letter to Bob T.,

STOP IT!!. Stop embarrassing yourself by sending out those pathetic emails.
You are a foolish man. You and your cronies are trying to stop an ocean liner (IBT) with a canoe (FOPA). It's just so laughable and one might think that you thought higher of yourself as a person. We all know those "Q&A" emails you are sending are made up. The stupidity of the questions are insulting the pilot work force. What is even more ridiculous are the answers. You're a joke Bob T.

Year after year, month after month we keep receiving emails saying how
well our sales forecasts are doing. How great our owners think we are.
How dispatch reliability is going up, mx costs are going down. How do you repay us?

By shi**ing on us with a $100 per paycheck raise. Every person at "FLOPS" in management is stealing from us. You are stealing food from the mouths of our kids, causing us to stress over bills, work on ungodly hours during the day & week. Again, how do you repay us?

By giving us "Ada Boys". You steal from our quality of life everyday. You rob us of our hotel points. We hold the brunt of packing 8 days of clothes into one carry-on and sleeping in hundreds of hotel rooms a year. Risking germs, being sick, getting sick and making our families sick.

We endure smelly taxi cabs filled with smoke. We travel on packed airplanes, stand in long lines at ticket counters, are on the receiving end of exhaustive searches at airport security. We suffer through chilled carb filled breakfast's. Then at the end of the day again we wolf down our cold dinner that was meant to be re-heated. We eat it only because we're starved from doing quick turns. Our weight fluctuates up and down because your schedulers are forcing an unhealthy work day schedule onto us.

If you had a child that needed operating on, would you feel comfortable knowing your doctor got barely 10 hrs of rest, was up all day and your kid was going to be the 5th child under the knife? But don't worry Bob T, he's legal. We listen to frustrated owners when they learn of the real performance of the aircraft from the pilot after your saleteam just sold snow to an Eskimo.

We stand there and watch an owner tip the line guy $20 for moving his bag 5 feet when we just finished hauling it across country, around thunderstorms, through heavy rain, just because the company actively tells them to not tip us. We've had to uproot our families because of your tier system. We drive for hours now to get home, even if there is an airport near our home but not in the tier system.

We took it when the travel money, after years of being paid, was then taxed. Did we see a raise in our travel allowance or salary to compensate? NO. We saw it further taken away in the form of the travel allowance being rolled into our salary. In essence a paycut. We have had weeks of vacation denied us without being paid back to us.

We are not gonna take it anymore. So now instead of taking from us, we are now going to take from you and get what we deserve. Get ready and get packed you scab.

GO 1108!!

-anonypilot

One of my favorite things about this post is that I didn't write it :) To all my critics, please take note that I am not the only one on the board who feels that the frac families are getting ripped off and that they DESERVE better because management has built the business on the backs of the pilots and the sacrifices of their families. It is past time to make good on all of those IOUs and broken promises. They also need to throw in a healthy dose of respect for interest on the loan, while they're at it. NJW

FRACTIONAL FAMILIES ARE FIGHTING BACK--GO 1108 GO!

Obviously it wan't simple math to you

bchjetdrvr said:
I don't know how you guys came up with that $2600 a year stuff.

Original message:

<<By shi**ing on us with a $100 per paycheck raise.>>

Yeah umm... let's seee

$100 x twice a month x 12 = what!?

Buller.....Buller....anybody.......$2400

Yeah umm...let us see bchjetdrvr
52 weeks in a year = 26 pay periods a year
$100 x 26=what!!!??
Buller....Buller...anybody.....$2600 DUH

fopilot said:
$100 x 26=what!!!??

We're not paid every 2 weeks....we're paid twice a month, on the 1st and 15th. That's 24 pay periods a year. If you were a Flight Options pilot you would have known that.

You registered in the past few days(probably today), and have made one incredibly stupid, misinformed post....go away numbnuts.

fopilot said:
$100 x 26=what!!!??

FOPILOT,
I'm glad your not in my cockpit. Thanks Frac Capt. You can come fly with me anytime

dual certification?

Any truth to the rumour that FAA is soon to issue final ruling requiring dual certification for Beechjet pilots?

1)Multi fixed wing aircraft with type
2)Glider/sailplane

We laugh and then somebody or somebodies die. Then what?

Any truth to the rumour that FAA is soon to issue final ruling requiring dual certification for Beechjet pilots?

1)Multi fixed wing aircraft with type
2)Glider/sailplane

Like it! :D . There might be a night time restriction. I'm a Hang 2
Hanglider pilot. Can I use that for credit?

We laugh and then somebody or somebodies die. Then what?

Well, my .02 about that. Why stop laughing or seeking humor?
Doing that isn't going to prevent the inevitable no matter when the final day shows up.

"Comedy = Tragedy x Time" - Woody Allen

Latest resources

Back