Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

anonypilot

A letter to Bob T.,

STOP IT!!. Stop embarrassing yourself by sending out those pathetic emails.
You are a foolish man. You and your cronies are trying to stop an ocean liner (IBT) with a canoe (FOPA). It's just so laughable and one might think that you thought higher of yourself as a person. We all know those "Q&A" emails you are sending are made up. The stupidity of the questions are insulting the pilot work force. What is even more ridiculous are the answers. You're a joke Bob T.

Year after year, month after month we keep receiving emails saying how
well our sales forecasts are doing. How great our owners think we are.
How dispatch reliability is going up, mx costs are going down. How do you repay us?

By shi**ing on us with a $100 per paycheck raise. Every person at "FLOPS" in management is stealing from us. You are stealing food from the mouths of our kids, causing us to stress over bills, work on ungodly hours during the day & week. Again, how do you repay us?

By giving us "Ada Boys". You steal from our quality of life everyday. You rob us of our hotel points. We hold the brunt of packing 8 days of clothes into one carry-on and sleeping in hundreds of hotel rooms a year. Risking germs, being sick, getting sick and making our families sick.

We endure smelly taxi cabs filled with smoke. We travel on packed airplanes, stand in long lines at ticket counters, are on the receiving end of exhaustive searches at airport security. We suffer through chilled carb filled breakfast's. Then at the end of the day again we wolf down our cold dinner that was meant to be re-heated. We eat it only because we're starved from doing quick turns. Our weight fluctuates up and down because your schedulers are forcing an unhealthy work day schedule onto us.

If you had a child that needed operating on, would you feel comfortable knowing your doctor got barely 10 hrs of rest, was up all day and your kid was going to be the 5th child under the knife? But don't worry Bob T, he's legal. We listen to frustrated owners when they learn of the real performance of the aircraft from the pilot after your saleteam just sold snow to an Eskimo.

We stand there and watch an owner tip the line guy $20 for moving his bag 5 feet when we just finished hauling it across country, around thunderstorms, through heavy rain, just because the company actively tells them to not tip us. We've had to uproot our families because of your tier system. We drive for hours now to get home, even if there is an airport near our home but not in the tier system.

We took it when the travel money, after years of being paid, was then taxed. Did we see a raise in our travel allowance or salary to compensate? NO. We saw it further taken away in the form of the travel allowance being rolled into our salary. In essence a paycut. We have had weeks of vacation denied us without being paid back to us.

We are not gonna take it anymore. So now instead of taking from us, we are now going to take from you and get what we deserve. Get ready and get packed you scab.

GO 1108!!

-anonypilot

ANONYPILOT, Venting is OK, but you are crying like a baby. Stop it and get your contract! Everybody knows what you folks at FLOPS are putting up with.

You two must be in your twenties and sky whores that will fly for peanuts.
It's that attitude that brings about such poor pay and conditions in the corp world. Does us favor and remain cfi's
-----------------------------------------------------

The below Reply was posted at Flightinfo in reply to the same post. Take notes on what needs to be done when managment beats you down year after year.

ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off
CFI
221 posts since Oct 2005

-Sounds like your going to have to do what they did at NJ. I have a friend who is a CJX capt and when they got their new contract it coinceded with his yearly pay raise plus he got something else to raise his pay. He ended up getting a 60% pay raise. He went picketing at the World Poker Tours in Vegas where a a lot of their customers were present. They let the customers know what their pay was and work rules. He said they were so disgusted that they called management and threatened to take their business elsewhere and after that they got their new contract. One owner told him that they did not want unhappy pilots flying their airplanes. Too bad we couldn't get the rest of the public to feel like that.

Good Luck and I would hit the picket lines.

Chris
--------------

CheeseDick said:
$100 per paycheck?

That's $2600/year

That's probably not a bad raise for the lower seniority guys

Ask the FLOPS guys and gals if they think $2600 is "not a bad raise". I think the union representation vote tally in the near future might also give you another answer.

And check out the payscales for NetJets and Citation Shares if you think $2600 is a decent raise for the FLOPS pilots, regardless of their seniority.

Last edited:
I think the $100 was per month that he mentioned and was the annual pay increase for captains ( FO was $75) which works out to about 1.9% a year. With the current cost of living increasing at 4.1% last year. They will take a pay cut in real terms of 2.2% per year.

What was strange is that Tyler stated that was our annual cost of living increase. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad :(

Guitar Guy said:
Ask the FLOPS guys and gals if they think $2600 is "not a bad raise". I think the union representation vote tally in the near future might also give you another answer.

And check out the payscales for NetJets and Citation Shares if you think $2600 is a decent raise for the FLOPS pilots, regardless of their seniority.

First of all, they knew the payscale when the accepted the job.

And a $2600 raise, regardless of negotiations in the future, is still better than no raise at all.

At least they can live a bit easier while working through the negotiation process.

Try again Cheese. If the "raise" doesn't even come close to keeping up with the yearly increase in the CPI (which I believe usually runs close to 5%), then those guys (and gals) will slowly but surely be living harder every year.
No economics degree here. Just common sense.

Interestingly, NJA tried offering an insulting pay raise in the failed TA. Not only did it fail to pass, but was a hard enough slap in the face to galvanize the majority of the group to finally put some real pressure on the company to come up with a good contract. Now we see FLOPS management doing the same thing. Sheesh! Apparently, to be high up in a company's management team you have to live by the motto "Live and don't learn."

Oh yeah, if we all lived by "they knew the payscale when they accepted the job", then I guess everyone in the country (except management) would still be making $.05/hour.

Don't you think it's kind of naive to assume that working for crummy pay in lousy working conditions in order to get that future cushy job is just how it goes? Okay Cheese, what's your theory on how the few good jobs out there came to be. Through the generosity of management? Or through people who took the job knowing the payscale, but also knowing they could work with the other employees to make it a better job?

Having just recently been through the latter, I'll go with that theory. And given how I was treated by management at the other places I worked that didn't have a union, I'll continue to stand by theory #2.

I feel sorry for the FLOPS pilots who have endured enough disrespect. FLOPS is now the least respected and least desirable of the Fracs as a place of employment. I believe management is looking to weed out pilots who expect better with "planned" attrition.

Time to bring the union in to set things straight. True, unions aren't always the answer, but NJA pilots are doing a lot better as a result of collective bargaining - it certainly couldn't hurt the FLOPS pilots at this point...

Latest resources

Back