Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's use 400K piano pushers as an example.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"My problem is with GK/SWAPA conspiring to deny us our date with an arbitrator thru the use of threats and ultimatums."

Ok, so you wanted arbitration, why? I am guessing ALPA advised that you would keep seats and more seniority if you went to arbitration. Why not ask Mr Kelly why he just didn't punt the whole process to a neutral arbitrator?

"
Ok, so you wanted arbitration, why? I am guessing ALPA advised that you would keep seats and more seniority if you went to arbitration.

ALPA was very noncommittal regarding expectations other than to use past arbitrations as possible scenarios. None of which included a 20 yr capt losing his seat to an 8-9 yr FO.

Animal Farm anyone? If you like to fly this is still an OK job that puts you in the upper 10% of all wage earners in the US

Oh, well then. How about we all just accept the status quo and quit trying to further the profession? Why don't you go find a quiet corner to retire in and stop trying to undercut, everyone else and stand on the bar? Rhetorical question, you've accepted such low wages for a career you can't retire.

"None of which included a 20 yr capt losing his seat to an 8-9 yr FO"

You left out the fact he will upgrade in 2015 and make more money flying airplanes than he ever imagined...he will be in the top 20% percent of a seven thousand pilot list, holding any base in our system, with weekends off, and picking up when he wants...yeah they don't talk about that scenario much do they? Why, because the career windfall that those senior FAT pilots will receive is unprecedented...your twisted entitled view is so out to lunch that if it wasn't so pathetic it would be laughable...your CPs barely make SWA FO pay....many of our FOs make more $$...

Four neutral NMB arbitrators opined during Q2 2012 that the merger of Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways was not a merger of equals. I am not sure how that guarantees that the AirTran pilots worst case in arbitration would have been DOH.

The ALPA lawyers wanted the AirTran pilots to vote on SIA #1 after being educated on how the MC arrived at SIA #1. The ATL LEC Chair intentionally misled the pilot group prior to their Aug 18th no vote which allowed the "no" crowd to gain momentum. Once the truth surfaced after the MEC shootdown, the ATL pilots recalled the ATL LEC Chair (as well as the other 2 ATL MEC reps who voted no).

Is any of that guaranteed? No, it isn't. I'll say this though, if SW could somehow guarantee current compensation for the remainder of my career, then I'd be willing to discuss trading some seniority for it. Obviously, that's impossible. Contracts have a 100% chance of changing. Seniority, not so much.

make more money flying airplanes than he ever imagined...he will be in the top 20% percent of a seven thousand pilot list, holding any base in our system, with weekends off, and picking up when he wants

Yeah, he'll go from $186/hr to $216/hr. It's more, but it sure as hell isn't a life changing amount of money. Lets not over exaggerate here. BTW he already holds weekends, whatever base he wants and picks up all the premium pay he wants.

The only entitlement attitude I see is that SW seems to feel "entitled" to AT seniority.

The ALPA lawyers wanted the AirTran pilots to vote on SIA #1 after being educated on how the MC arrived at SIA #1.

That's a lie and you know it.

'You left out the fact he will upgrade in 2015'...................

Your flattish growth will ensure that those uber senior former FAT Captains will be in the right seat for several years. They will have upgraded over 800 RSW FO's into those seats this year and next. They do not have the delivery schedule to warrant those number of upgrades. They do not have the number of retirements to warrant those numbers of upgrades. It is a seat steal that was orchestrated by GK and SWAPA. Of course they will be on reserve for the next 5-8 years at a minimum. Your most junior pilot on the RSW list (as of 9/26/2010) now has how many pilots beneath them from the FAT side of the list?

"You guys refuse to accept that pilots could get the air tran job with a lot less time and effort"...............

You make it sound like every RSW pilot is God's gift to aviation. You seem to forget that everybody out there knows someone at SW that is a really great guy. They also know someone who is a complete tool and they are totally dumbfounded as to how in the world that person ever got hired at SW.
Was this your interview prep for SW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY

Latest resources

Back