• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lets talk unions....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, sorry, no union here. No need for one. 85 total dispatchers, 28 working on any given day, pumping out 70 or so releases in a 10 hour shift. One of the most advanced dispatch offices for our type of operations. Equipment always fixed or replaced pronto. Work as much overtime as you want, swap any shift you want. Trade days as you please. And a pretty good overall payscale according to industry standards. And yet, we do all of this with an in-house Association. No dues! Tell me again how a union is going to make things better for us?

And sorry again 405, I was talking about ShutupandFly when I made the flame-bait remark. Not you, you're cool.

Where do you work?

XPOO said:
No, sorry, no union here. No need for one. 85 total dispatchers, 28 working on any given day, pumping out 70 or so releases in a 10 hour shift. One of the most advanced dispatch offices for our type of operations. Equipment always fixed or replaced pronto. Work as much overtime as you want, swap any shift you want. Trade days as you please. And a pretty good overall payscale according to industry standards. And yet, we do all of this with an in-house Association. No dues! Tell me again how a union is going to make things better for us?

Yeah - good question. Come on XXOO, fill us all in so we all know where to send our resume's.

XPOO said:

XPOO said:

Your absoluetly right. A union would do no good for you what-so-ever. All unions do is rob you blind of 2% of your check every month. Excuse me I mis spoke. 1.95%. I don't want to use false numbers like the hard-core union a$$es who lie for fun just to get their members all riled up. I wish here at comair we had no union. They are unnessecarily shackling us down!!!!

XPOO said:

What is an "in-house Association"? And how does it work?

flyjumpseat, I think you already know. And sure, things aren't the best where we work, but hell I don't think a union would do more then SADA.

Association - We have an elected fellow dispatcher as our president and he has a committee that together voices the collective thoughts of the dispatchers to the management. The president is constantly trying to improve our QOL, works hard at it, but makes little lee-way. About exactly what a union would do for us, only no money involved.

XPOO said:
flyjumpseat, I think you already know. And sure, things aren't the best where we work, but hell I don't think a union would do more then SADA.

Association - We have an elected fellow dispatcher as our president and he has a committee that together voices the collective thoughts of the dispatchers to the management. The president is constantly trying to improve our QOL, works hard at it, but makes little lee-way. About exactly what a union would do for us, only no money involved.

Thanks for the reply. We have "bottoms-up" meetings. Where management comes in for meetings to let us know whats going on and for us to express our concerns in an open discussion. No president or committee, but is a good outlet for us to directly discuss with management. Sometimes things are an easy fix, other times nothing gets done, but we keep trying.

May the never-ending struggle continue, shooter!

XPOO said:
The president is constantly trying to improve our QOL, works hard at it, but makes little lee-way.

"Lee-way"? Not a play on words was it, XPOO?? Thats funny!

Latest resources

Back