• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lets talk unions....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got two pro-union schmuck's idiot passdowns yesterday. They were both excellent examples of pathetic flight planning. It's the company's fault though. As usual, I get to clean up the mess. I guess if you're a union member you can do your job half-ass and still keep your job.

405 said:
I got two pro-union schmuck's idiot passdowns yesterday. They were both excellent examples of pathetic flight planning. It's the company's fault though. As usual, I get to clean up the mess. I guess if you're a union member you can do your job half-ass and still keep your job.

That's what unions do...

protect the weak and the lazy.

Markm1811 said:

fact is the people that were pushiing the yes vote were seen by many as the knowledgable experienced dispatchers in nonconnah. Some people like me questioned and tried to get a balanced reply to which way to vote. most did not.. some i am sure voted knowing they were outa there.. you have to admit the information was not exactly free flowing from the company and sure I did even buy into the union stuff because they came an spoke about stuff.

How did I vote .. irrelevant.. Fact is that the negotiations could have been better organised except no one stood against your intrepid (and bitter) leader.. why they are sharing no information who knows. Hope you are still working on removal... its the only way ..

Heard you all had another exodus ?!!!

Exodus? Yeah, I would call a third of the dispatchers an exodus. The question is why? Is it because of the union or is it management? We never had one third of the office leave before. Curiously enough this exodus occurred AFTER we had our union. I guess our super secret negotiations are going well. I don't know for certain because even though this affects all of us, one person and no one else knows what the hell we are negotiating.

It really doesn't matter how anyone voted now. It's here and it has completely screwed this place to hell.

exactlywrong said:
Toyota makes $40 million a day in profits.

GM loses $16 million a day. They have no profit.

Guess which one has a "Union" ?

Guess which one makes better cars.
Guess which workers make more money.
Guess which company offers lifetime employment (to workers in Japan only though)
Guess which company offers more benefits

And guess which company loses 16M per day even with non unionized workers in 3rd world countries.

MalteseX said:
Guess which one makes better cars.
Guess which workers make more money.
Guess which company offers lifetime employment (to workers in Japan only though)
Guess which company offers more benefits

And guess which company loses 16M per day even with non unionized workers in 3rd world countries.

toyota.
toyota.
toyota.
toyota.
GM.

I check the union website for any updates on the initial negtiations the other day and three words pop out at me, "not much progress". I guess this means I better not expect to see any raises or bonus checks for quite a while. Go Union!!! (sarcasm)

We won't see anything for another year. Try this: Roughly figure out how much money you've lost on this deal so far. Before someone jumps in and says "it'll be worth it because of the work rules" and "management can't screw around with you anymore", as I have stated numerous times we already had work rules and management wasn't screwing with us before. What other reason do 33 people need a union? If anyone can enlighten me, go ahead. I just don't get this.

Why is anyone even giving this Union flame-baiter more fuel for his fire? Ignore the @sshole and move on. We all know unions are not beneficial to the overall group of dispatchers at a company. He's just mad that we already knew this and he had to find out the hard way!

You said it, XPOO. Unions are not beneficial to the overall group of dispatchers at a company.

My flame-bait union posts should be ignored? Does what I say hit a little close to home? Are you paying union dues for nothing in return?

Latest resources

Back