Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You might be a freight dog if:

You fly a cargo aircraft and don't cry like a girl about the Age-65 change, or care when other people choose to retire from their job.

You takeoff VFR at night into a TS.

You think the chick that works the LRD tower sounds hot.

You have departed north from MMCS and end up on a downwind for 22 at ELP to clear customs.

You have stayed at the Micro Hotel in ELP for a week waiting for a return trip to Detroit.

You check the door seals by smoking a Marlboro.

You ask
Laughlin Approach if you can “fly the river” going into DRT.

You know where the customs circle is at YIP, and have cleared two times or more in one night.

You think it is great that they load the freight for you in Mexico, but are not so sure about the drug dogs and the 17 year old Mexican Army guy’s with M16s.

You still ask yourself why the mountains look so close when doing the ARC into MMIO.

Last edited:

You think it is great that they load the freight for you in Mexico, but are not so sure about the drug dogs and the 17 year old Mexican Army guy’s with M16s.

I don't get to load my own freight anymore but there are places besides Mexico where the kids with guns are a little disturbing...tempered of course by the knowledge that you don't know who might show up if they weren't there.

Makes for an interesting night's work and even happier outlook when you get airborne!

You have Emery Worldwide, Custom Air, Kitty Hawk Aircargo, Astar, ABX Air, Capital Cargo, or ATI on your resume and never got fired or resigned.

An entire industry/way of life (domestic overnight heavy freight) gutted by LTL trucking...

When you have a 1 in 7 and have tomorrow off, and you're partying till 4am getting hammered in Anchorage........along with a flight engineer that has to make his flight at 8am to operate to Hong Kong and he's still drinking.......lol

727gm, you forgot Kalitta and Polar on your list.I had both, even SUBCONTRACTED to Emery. Thats pretty bad.
Fly91, I have seen that show many times, the 2 worst ones were both named Roy, at the above companies. One was the meanest guy I ever met, the other we referred to as "Snackbar" because he would eat anything, and stash food about the aircraft...in case he had to get up (found a snickers in the lav one day)
I'm sure there a plenty of people out there who know who I'm talkin about.
Those were the times I refer to as the "the good ole days"

You have Emery Worldwide, Custom Air, Kitty Hawk Aircargo, Astar, ABX Air, Capital Cargo, or ATI on your resume and never got fired or resigned.

An entire industry/way of life (domestic overnight heavy freight) gutted by LTL trucking...
What about Zantop, Transcontential, TransAmerican, Orion, Interstate, Rosenbaum, there must be dozens more these are only ones the I remember going the Dayton sort for Emery back in the late 70's

'Cause Kalitta and Polar are still flying, and Interstate, Rosenbaum, Zantop, Orion, etc. were from another era long before the Internet and LTL. Was just listing the recent mow-down of carriers in the last economic downturn. Sorry if any other true freight dogs were offended.

The way things are going, the good old days really were the "good old days".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back