• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's dance on the ramp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I missed it (day off) but was told about a couple Chicago Express chick rampies throwing blows at FWA about a year ago. Everyone else on our ramp got along pretty well...the Chico gals were new.

Oh, and snowball fights are common place. :)

had a really pompous an arrogant SIC at a small charter op that used to get in verbal confrontations with the line guys and the CFIs. People would avoid him on the ramp.
the SIC told everyone he was PIC adn took his fishing gear with him on ALL the charters he flew. Was real arrogant toward the line guys so they used to get his stuff out of the winglockers and move it to the other wing AFTER he landed so he'd have to hunt for it. Once one of the aircraft owner/customers took an appropriately rated CFI with him as PIC on an overnight trip and Mr. Pompous called the CFI at the hotel to tell him he'd stolen his flight. The owner customer who was a senior captain a major was not impressed, and Mr. Pompous was blacklisted.

Groundpounder said:
I worked on an airline ramp for about 4 years, and I never saw any conflict between airlines, ever. In fact, everyone went out of the way to help each other. It would not be uncommon to see a Southwest huffer cart on a United 737, a USAir towbar on a Northwest A320, and so on.

One Winter in LNK we ran out of type 4 at CHQ because we had de-iced, UAEX, 9E, XJ, and even a chartered COEX . Ive always seen other airlines help each other out. Most of the fights I've seen were intra-airline and they always seemed de-icing related.

Hogan said:
The SIC told everyone he was PIC and took his fishing gear with him on ALL the charters he flew.
I hear ya man! Those anglers are a bunch of frowsy ne'er-do-wells.

Thanks for the new word FN! I had to look it up--

Frowsy (adj.): Smelling of mildew or decay.

I like it!

Beertini

Never had seen a fight on the ramp, but while going through ME training. I had an instructor (hilarious guy) who was showing me how to do a walk around on the seneca. We get to the nose and he explains that you should make sure the radar is turned off before doing the walk around as it is at waist level and if on could make you sterile. Then he proceeds to to say, "So, you don't want to do this!!!". Then he throws a leg over the nose and proceeds to hump the nose. It didn't stop there, he was being loud and obnoxious and using the typical phrases one one use during sex. ie, oh yeah, that's it, come on, etc. This literally went on for 10-15 minutes. Every one else on the ramp just stopped and stared. It was a big school, and alot of people were out there. I laughed so hard I cried. That was 4 years ago and I still lmao.

Never seen one personally, but I also have heard may stories from other crew members. One was about two Eagle pilots going at it on the ramp in MIA while the pax watched from the boarding areas.

he throws a leg over the nose and proceeds to hump the nose. It didn't stop there, he was being loud and obnoxious and using the typical phrases one one use during sex. ie, oh yeah, that's it, come on, etc. This literally went on for 10-15 minutes. Every one else on the ramp just stopped and stared. It was a big school, and alot of people were out there. I laughed so hard I cried.
As a handful of people here will attest ... that sounds like something I would do. :p

(But only as long as there were no customers on the ramp, of course.)

Minhberg the Jewish Porkcop King

Latest resources

Back