Let's dance on the ramp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
convair007 said:
Never had seen a fight on the ramp, but while going through ME training. I had an instructor (hilarious guy) who was showing me how to do a walk around on the seneca. We get to the nose and he explains that you should make sure the radar is turned off before doing the walk around as it is at waist level and if on could make you sterile. Then he proceeds to to say, "So, you don't want to do this!!!". Then he throws a leg over the nose and proceeds to hump the nose. It didn't stop there, he was being loud and obnoxious and using the typical phrases one one use during sex. ie, oh yeah, that's it, come on, etc. This literally went on for 10-15 minutes. Every one else on the ramp just stopped and stared. It was a big school, and alot of people were out there. I laughed so hard I cried. That was 4 years ago and I still lmao.
While he was doing that obnoxious bit, you should have gave him a web hand across the esophagus. When he slid off of the nose, landing on the tarmac on his knees while grabbing at his throat, you should have kicked him in the pills. Then, after he tipped over sidways choking on his own spittle in the fetal position, you should have said, "If I gotta pay 300 bucks an an hour for this kind of comedy, I wan't it to be improv...not scooooobie doooooo!" Now that's a RAMP DANCE!

Groundpounder said:
I worked on an airline ramp for about 4 years, and I never saw any conflict between airlines, ever. In fact, everyone went out of the way to help each other. It would not be uncommon to see a Southwest huffer cart on a United 737, a USAir towbar on a Northwest A320, and so on.

We had an America West or SWA tug push us back in Midway because our tug wasn't able to move the plane with all the ice, I thought that was pretty cool!

FN FAL said:
While he was doing that obnoxious bit, you should have gave him a web hand across the esophagus. When he slid off of the nose, landing on the tarmac on his knees while grabbing at his throat, you should have kicked him in the pills. Then, after he tipped over sidways choking on his own spittle in the fetal position, you should have said, "If I gotta pay 300 bucks an an hour for this kind of comedy, I wan't it to be improv...not scooooobie doooooo!" Now that's a RAMP DANCE!

LMAO!! FN FAL

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Another snootful of 2002 Meeker Barberian on the keyboard. :laugh:

Minh

taters said:
One Winter in LNK we ran out of type 4 at CHQ because we had de-iced, UAEX, 9E, XJ, and even a chartered COEX . Ive always seen other airlines help each other out. Most of the fights I've seen were intra-airline and they always seemed de-icing related.

I remember that day. 12 hrs of deicing without taking a break. Man was that cold. Thank God that XJET crew on a charter gave us those pizzas through the cockpit window. I think we would have died that day without that. We deiced for every freakin airline that day.

I've gotten into heated arguments but mostly big words people are too wussy to back up. But i remember the one day that my shin bounced off the main landing gear of a Cessna. That was a modified dance however.

Latest resources

Back