• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lets be honest here, and start using some facts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't disagree. There are a lot of unknowns. I just think SWAPA may want to be 100% sure the deal is off unless FAPA comes around. I'm not convinced it is and if SWA moves forward w/o a prearranged labor deal then M/A is in play. In that scenario FAPA was right to not agree to a staple. Further complicating things is I can't believe SWA would make this play for F9 unless they really wanted it. They either talked to SWAPA first and got them on board or they didn't care one way or the other. If they can squeeze FAPA to play nice, so much the better. Either way the purchase of Frontier still may happen.

But can you think ahead two weeks when and if SWA really pulls out of the deal? Remember the old commercial, "Whoops, I could'a had a V8?"?

Your union is playing brinkmanship with your seniority number at SWA. Deep down, in two weeks, would you rather have no seniority number, or any seniority number? It's an honest question. If you were married, would the news in two weeks be good if you didn't get a seniority number and you would go out celebrating with your wife?

SWA is not a particularly tricky company. They're Texans and have been keeping it simple stupid for thirty years. Why do you think there is some hidden agenda that if you guys just grew a pair of brass ones, you'd uncover?

I don't disagree. There are a lot of unknowns. I just think SWAPA may want to be 100% sure the deal is off unless FAPA comes around. I'm not convinced it is and if SWA moves forward w/o a prearranged labor deal then M/A is in play. In that scenario FAPA was right to not agree to a staple. Further complicating things is I can't believe SWA would make this play for F9 unless they really wanted it. They either talked to SWAPA first and got them on board or they didn't care one way or the other. If they can squeeze FAPA to play nice, so much the better. Either way the purchase of Frontier still may happen.

I'll beat you to the punch. Looks like GK wasn't bluffing after all. Deals off.

But can you think ahead two weeks when and if SWA really pulls out of the deal? Remember the old commercial, "Whoops, I could'a had a V8?"?

Your union is playing brinkmanship with your seniority number at SWA. Deep down, in two weeks, would you rather have no seniority number, or any seniority number? It's an honest question. If you were married, would the news in two weeks be good if you didn't get a seniority number and you would go out celebrating with your wife?

SWA is not a particularly tricky company. They're Texans and have been keeping it simple stupid for thirty years. Why do you think there is some hidden agenda that if you guys just grew a pair of brass ones, you'd uncover?

I'm not a Frontier pilot. Although it obviously hasn't turned out that way, I thought there was a reasonable chance SWA would do the deal with or without a SWAPA/FAPA agreement.

Latest resources

Back