• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let me tell you what is wrong with ATL!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keystone is nothing but Coors Light with a dent in the can. They both suck. But if youre gonna drink p!ss water, save yourself a few bucks and get keystone.

What can I say, I am a fan of cheap american light beer. I guess you can call that fancy beer good tasting, if you like beers that taste like shi*. I dont like my beers to go down like a full meal. I had a buddy get a full keg of that Sierra Nevada garbage. First off, what a waste of like over a hundred bucks, or whatever it cost. Second, how can you drink that stuff?

For the poster above, I think pinky fingers are definately extended to full point-ness for some of these folks.

Now dont you guys go and get all pissy, its all in good fun.

Pinky finger? Nawww, it's the middle finger!

I used to think like you regarding fancy lad dark/thick beers; how can anyone drink that stuff? But, it's an acquired taste and I grew to like and appreciate it. And believe it or not, I somewhat agree with you on the Sierra Nevada IPA (green label)... it's pretty hoppy and bitter, not my favorite. But the guys at SN also make a fine porter and stout (blue and yellow labels) which (to me) are better than the IPA.

Yes, I know, opinions and tastes are like a$$holes, everybody has one... you consider the fancy stuff to taste like crap, while I think the same about American mass produced stuff. Many people think that Guinness is thick and heavy, but have these folks ever actually tried it? It really isn't very strong or heavy... and compared to some microbrew stouts and porters, Guinness is kinda wimpy. Regarding the cost factor, yes, the fancy lad beer is more expensive, but in my case, I don't sit around consuming mass quantities... at home I'll have 1 or 2 in an evening and that's it. Cuts down on the costs considerably.

It's a funny thing how some people can change their tune regarding beer tastes; my wife now turns her nose up at a Fat Tire, Abita Amber, Shiner, Full Sail, etc. Too bland she says, gimme a stout.

Whatever happened to just kicking back with a twelve pack of some good old light beer? All these fancy names, specialty beers, the oatmeals, and this and that get too confusing. Just give me a twelve pack of miller light and im set.

What? Are you hydrating or something?

Oh yea, Skinny Dip from New Belgium. Awesome seasonal brew.

Cheers
--SP

Pinky finger? Nawww, it's the middle finger!

I used to think like you regarding fancy lad dark/thick beers; how can anyone drink that stuff? But, it's an acquired taste and I grew to like and appreciate it. And believe it or not, I somewhat agree with you on the Sierra Nevada IPA (green label)... it's pretty hoppy and bitter, not my favorite. But the guys at SN also make a fine porter and stout (blue and yellow labels) which (to me) are better than the IPA.

Yes, I know, opinions and tastes are like a$$holes, everybody has one... you consider the fancy stuff to taste like crap, while I think the same about American mass produced stuff. Many people think that Guinness is thick and heavy, but have these folks ever actually tried it? It really isn't very strong or heavy... and compared to some microbrew stouts and porters, Guinness is kinda wimpy. Regarding the cost factor, yes, the fancy lad beer is more expensive, but in my case, I don't sit around consuming mass quantities... at home I'll have 1 or 2 in an evening and that's it. Cuts down on the costs considerably.

It's a funny thing how some people can change their tune regarding beer tastes; my wife now turns her nose up at a Fat Tire, Abita Amber, Shiner, Full Sail, etc. Too bland she says, gimme a stout.

Fair enough, I can live with that.

Naw, you guys have it all wrong...

Down in the Big Easy, beer was just something you drank before you went out to really get hammered on the hard stuff....Everclear and Dr. Pepper was a local favorite.

Some personal favorites for cheap-a$$ beer...why spend extra $$$? It was just comming back up anyway....

Old School Dixie, back when they'd just pump water out of the river

K&B Generic (yea, the drug store chain had their own generic brew)

Milwaulkee's Best (when you couldn't find anything local, ya had to down a yankee brew)

I don't think any of this stuff ever actually made it to my bladder....just regurgitated on someone's lawn.

Nu

STEEL RESERVE 8.2% alchohol and $6.00/12 pack

It gets the job done

Latest resources

Back