Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't this thread started in like '99 ;) ...I can't believe it's still going

We're going for 1000 posts...

Anyways, ERJ-140, where did you get a 49K+ Runway limiting weight for a 6000 foot runway at 32 degrees C? Did Embraer put out new numbers? Because I have a older takeoff/performance program (1 for the /P and 1 for the /E motors) that Embraer gave us with the planes. Running both of those are giving me an approx 48K Runway limiting MATOW (/E) or an approximately 47K R MATOW (/P). I wish I had an actual manual to look up the numbers, but unfortunately we never got seperate Legacy manuals at FSI. Anyways, just curious where you got your numbers since the don't match mine at all... (If you used the charts in the AOM, did you use accelerate-stop and accelerate-go charts, or only one of them?)

BadAndy <--- "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going"

Bad-Andy said:

Anyways, ERJ-140, where did you get a 49K+ Runway limiting weight for a 6000 foot runway at 32 degrees C? Did Embraer put out new numbers? Because I have a older takeoff/performance program (1 for the /P and 1 for the /E motors) that Embraer gave us with the planes. Running both of those are giving me an approx 48K Runway limiting MATOW (/E) or an approximately 47K R MATOW (/P). I wish I had an actual manual to look up the numbers, but unfortunately we never got seperate Legacy manuals at FSI. Anyways, just curious where you got your numbers since the don't match mine at all... (If you used the charts in the AOM, did you use accelerate-stop and accelerate-go charts, or only one of them?)

Looks like Bad-Andy knows just a little bit more than WSCoDdriver. As I expected we wont get an answer from ERJ-140 who as usual can't deal with the FACTS.

But while we are at it I might as well grasp for straws.

ERJ-140, you have been asked many very very very very very easy questions about the B-737 and the Falcon 50. Please answer those questions now or continue to be looked at as an ignorant douche bag.

Can't wait for your educated answers. Just like the radar shadows.

Dangerkitty said:
Looks like Bad-Andy knows just a little bit more than WSCoDdriver. As I expected we wont get an answer from ERJ-140 who as usual can't deal with the FACTS.
That's because it has been confirmed that ERJ-140 is a mere F/O on the might WSCofD, his Captain probably doesn't let him touch the manuals, so he merely has to guess...

"ERJ-140, the Red-Headed Step Child of FlightInfo"...

Falcon Capt said:
That's because it has been confirmed that ERJ-140 is a mere F/O on the might WSCofD, his Captain probably doesn't let him touch the manuals, so he merely has to guess...

"ERJ-140, the Red-Headed Step Child of FlightInfo"...

Thats why it takes him so long to get an aswer back to us. He has to go ask the Captain first.

Hey Red-Headed step child! The B-737 and Falcon 50 answers please!

Bad-Andy said:

Perhaps I should be asking -you- where you got -your- data and what the date is on the information. As usual, people are using old and outdated information to make judgments on this airplane.

If you do not have access to -current- Embraer Runway Analysis, Aircraft Performance Group, or GDC data then you are stuck with the AOM. Find a current one.

Using the "Embraer E T/O (Balanced Field Length) Speed Charts" provides you with accel/stop, accel/go V1 speed based on your weight. If you are unable to access airport-specific data then you are left with the "Takeoff Analysis" chart in the AOM Volume 1. This gives you your maximum allowable weight for takeoff based on temp, thrust mode, pressure altitude, and length. It assumes all the requirements for determining balanced field length (no clearway, no stopway, dry runway, etc.). You should have at least this information, though yours is clearly out of date.

For the conditions listed V1 (accel/stop, accel/go - balanced field length) is 123 knots.

Last edited:
ERJ-140 (Red Headed Step Child),

Answer the B-737 and Falcon 50 questions that have been asked of you many many times.

Since you are typed in both it should be no problem for you.

Latest resources

Back