Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt said:
My question to ERJ-140 (a.k.a. LegacyIIDriver, LegacyDriver, Legacy390, vraciu, Skull-One, BahgdadBob) if the WSCofD is such a great machine to fly, why are you trying to get on at Southwest??? :eek:

Was that a pin I heard drop??? ;)

Dont worry Falcon. We are going to get some sort of diatribe about how he wanted to get on with Southwest in the past, but since the Legacy is such a great airplane he no longer wants to go there. He will even state that since the Legacy is so great he is now paying his employer to fly it.

Dangerkitty said:
Dont worry Falcon. We are going to get some sort of diatribe about how he wanted to get on with Southwest in the past, but since the Legacy is such a great airplane he no longer wants to go there. He will even state that since the Legacy is so great he is now paying his employer to fly it.

I figure if he got on at southwest, he'd be here spouting the greatness of the BBJ and it's superiority over all aircraft, except the WSCoD of course ;)

Falcon Capt said:
My question to ERJ-140 (a.k.a. LegacyIIDriver, LegacyDriver, Legacy390, vraciu, Skull-One, BahgdadBob) if the WSCofD is such a great machine to fly, why are you trying to get on at Southwest??? :eek:

Was that a pin I heard drop??? ;)

I can hear the sizzle from that sting all the way down here! :D

1) I am not trying to get on at Southwest. They have never even heard from me.

2) Everyone is trying to get on at Southwest, so were I trying or going to try that doesn't mean much.

No huge revelation contained there.

I admire Southwest but would have to take a paycut to go there. I'm not prepared to do so any time soon.

*pin drop*

G100driver said:
He want fly an aircraft than can fly above FL390 and go faster than .80 all at the same time.

Well I sure won't get those numbers out of a G100. You're lucky those APUs you have for engines even start!

Meanwhile, FC still hasn't backed up his smack talk. Nowhere has he shown evidence of his claim that Embraer's website contradicts my claims....

3250 NM + NBAA IFR Reserve FL390.

Still waiting little boy...

DangerKitty said:
And for what it is worth I have over 1500 hours in the WSCoD. You might say hey you only flew the EMB-145. Same difference. Every Embraer product is a POS in my opinion. This is coming from a guy that has flown both the EMB-120, EMB-135 and EMB-145. They all suck!!

You are welcome to your opinion. As stated, you only flew the 145. I don't see you as an expert on the Legacy with -those- credentials.

Having seen the 170 now...wow. The 120 isn't even close to the 145. The Legacy is better still and the 170 is light years ahead of either. Embraer is a good learner.

You can't live in a jungle where ants can devour a family of four in thirty seconds and be weak for cryin' out loud. They know how to make a tough product.

Last edited:
ERJ-140 said:
You are welcome to your opinion. As ststed, you only flew the 145. I don't see you as an expert on the Legacy with -those- credentials.

Having seen the 170 now...wow. The 120 isn't even close to the 145. The Legacy is better still and the 170 is light years ahead of either. Embraer is a good learner.

You can't live in a jungle where ants can devour a family of four in thirty seconds and be weak for cryin' out loud. They know how to make a tough product.

BS,

Most of the components on the Embraer are substandard because when the EMB-145 was being built no one wanted or was too scared to do business with them. Hence they got components that are substandard. These are the same components that are on the EMB-135, EMB-140, Legacy and every other WSCoD out there.

For what it is worth I have heard they are calling the EMB-170 the "EMB-180" becuase it is always making a 180 and going back to the gate for MX.

Latest resources

Back