• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJ-140 said:
This thread is a waste of time.
Uh, YOU started the thread!!!

ERJ-140 said:
You have never even seen a Legacy
Uh, yes, I have seen a Legacy... At Swift Aviation in PHX... For being such a "success" as you claim, I sure don't see many out there, since the only place I have seen one is in PHX at the "dealer"... :confused:

ERJ-140 said:
You are ignorant of even the most basic facts pertaining to the airplane.
And yet you have not brought one ounce of fact to this discussion, except your own opinion on how the airplane "beats the book all the way around" :rolleyes:

ERJ-140 said:
You use complaints about the first five Legacy production models (all well-known, documented, and corrected over the course of the forty-plus Legacys built since) to denegrate the airplane.
If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig and acts like a pig, when then it probably is a WSCofD...

ERJ-140 said:
You proceed from false pretenses and assumptions.
No, pretty much you are the only one here who spouts off numbers and other figures but have nothing to back them up with (even the manufactures own web site contradicts what you have to say) :eek:

Once again, you have said a whole lot of nothing...

You are so ignorant it is laughable!!!!

1) I ask you yet again, "Where has the manufacturer disputed me?". Your non-answer is answer enough.

2) Swift is not a "dealer" they are a Service Center. They do not sell Legacys any more - they sold all of thier alotted deliveries.. The Legacys there are in for routine mx or overnighting on a revenue flight.

3) This thread is worthless because you can't stick to the issues. When you do...it is a total joke! You don't even know something so simple as what the jets in PHX are there for! They're on a ramp so they must suck. Utterly ridiculous.

4) Haven't seen any Legacys anywhere? Funny. I saw three in Vegas day before yesterday, two in KMMU and one in KVNY today and yesterday. Obviously you are blind.

5) I walked onto the one in KVNY and walked onto a G-IV parked next to it. They were indistinguishable on the inside (read: NICE!). The Legacy is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ERJ-140 said:
You are so ignorant it is laughable!!!!

1) I ask you yet again, "Where has the manufacturer disputed me?". Your non-answer is answer enough.

2) Swift is not a "dealer" they are a Service Center. They do not sell Legacys any more - they sold all of there alotted deliveries.. The Legacys there are in for routine mx or overnighting on a revenue flight.

3) This thread is worthless because you can't stick to the issues. When you do...it is a total joke! You don't even know something so simple as what the jets in PHX are there for! They're on a ramp so they must suck. Utterly ridiculous.

3) Haven't seen any Legacys anywhere? Funny. I saw three in Vegas day before yesterday, two in KMMU and one in KVNY today and yesterday. Obviously you are blind.

4) I walked onto the one in KVNY and walked onto a G-IV parked next to it. They were indistinguishable on the inside (read: NICE!). The Legacy is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I the only one here who thinks that WSCoDriver is somehow related to Baghdad Bob?:p

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Stick to the issues 50261 / 90210.

You want facts? I just gave them to you. Focus focus focus. I am not the propogandist here. I am telling it like it is. Consider me "fair and balanced" with apologies to Fox News Channel.

Virtuallt all of the people who write about the plane have praised it. I trust them over anonymous experts like FC who don't even get the most basic facts right. How u can take these people seriously is beyond me.

ERJ-140 said:
Oh yeah, the first give that came online at FLOPS were Configuration "A" and they are now building configuration "D" now. The plane has quite obviously changed since the first production version.

I have flown owners that REFUSE to fly on the Legacy. They say the thing shakes and rattles like nothing they've ever seen. I rode in the back of one once....I was impressed by the cabin, but not by the aircraft itself.

ERJ-140 said:
Swift is not a "dealer" they are a Service Center. They do not sell Legacys any more - they sold all of there alotted deliveries.. The Legacys there are in for routine mx or overnighting on a revenue flight
Why don't you ask Swift's service managers how good Embraer's product support is? Seems that a 15 day "C" check (or whatever Embraer calls it's 1200 hour inspection) turned into a 6 week nightmare on one of the first Legacy's that underwent that check.

Perhaps on one of the first. What do you expect? They were probably learning how to do it.

When you are at the Swift FBO talk to a guy named Troy, the mx boss there and ask him. He spent about twenty minutes chatting with me about the plane and he wasn't bashing on it one bit.

See this is the intellectually dishonest mistake you people keep making. The first time through on something new, be it a new plane or new procedure, is going to have teething problems. What do you expect.

I am sitting here in KLAS right now with the Legacy prototype and serial number 730 sitting side by side. I asked the crews for permission to take pictures. I found tons of differences between the planes. The prototype, now on the FLOPS certificate, is 2000 lbs heavier than s/n 730, has P instead of E engines, and carries less fuel. The planes are dramatically different and I now pics to prove it.

Drat. Forgot to take pictures of the most obvious difference - the windshield wipers.

Oh well...

:p

FracCapt said:
I have flown owners that REFUSE to fly on the Legacy. They say the thing shakes and rattles like nothing they've ever seen. I rode in the back of one once....I was impressed by the cabin, but not by the aircraft itself.

The early ones may have because the interiors were not up to snuff, but the crew on S/N 730 said the airplane doesn't shake or rattle (at least no more so than any other jet they've flown).

ERJ-140 said:
The early ones may have because the interiors were not up to snuff, but the crew on S/N 730 said the airplane doesn't shake or rattle (at least no more so than any other jet they've flown).

What tail number was it? You took pics, so you should know. Who was the crew? Tell me who they are, and I can call and verify.

Latest resources

Back