• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? The ERJ is big? I can barely stand up in the thing, and I'm not all that tall...

AcroChik said:
If you want even-handedness and rational discussion, in which each assertion is carefully substantiated, try the political threads here.

LOL! Very true!

Mr. ERJ - this board is easily the best professional aviation resource on the net. You just need to learn how to pick and choose the nuggets of information, and come in with a healthy sense of humor. If you want to participate as well, it helps to have a thick skin too!

Also understand that in this particular thread, LegacyDriver made the mistake of making a bunch of rather vague statements about the plane in the midst of a bunch of detail oriented old codgers :)D:D).

AcroChik said:
If you want even-handedness and rational discussion, in which each assertion is carefully substantiated, try the political threads here.

You have good vocabulary skills. I'm sure if you keep looking you'll find the "engaged" switch for your sense of humor :p

Hey AcroChik, why don't you apply at Fed-Ex. There may be a slot for you.
With your vocabulary skills, you should be a shoe-in.

ERJ-140 said:
I think it is clear that calling the Legacy a piece of sh-- is unfair, just as comparing a Legacy to a G350 is unfair.

Much of the certification for the ERJ-135, upon which the Legacy is based, was conducted from our ramp. The same FAA Test Pilots from the Atlanta ACO that worked on GV cert performed the same function for the ERJ-135, as such I have fairly extensive knowledge of the Embraer and it's shortcomings. It is a fragile collection of expedients.

I chose the G350 for comparison - Legacy Driver was trying to compare the WSCoD to the G550 which is clearly absurd. I chose the G350 to demonstrate that for $6.35 million more than the cost of the Legacy you could purchase a Gulfstream with a 20 year warranty (Legacy-5 years) that would clearly outperform the Legacy in every way and on average retain 85-90 percent of it's value at resale.

ERJ-140 said:
No airplane is perfect, not even the mighty G550.

What do you feel to be wrong with the G550?

ERJ-140 said:
... B&CA seems to support the bulk of LegacyDude's numbers regarding the Legacy's performance, not the numbers shown by GVFlyer) it is informative to some degree. I have learned more about Gulfstreams than I ever thought possible.

Business and Commercial Aviation's data is notoriously inaccurate. For instance, on the G550 they got the Pressurization System numbers wrong as well as the long range, normal and high speed cruise speeds.

The Aircraft Performance Data, Dimensional Data and Direct Operating Costs I used are from Conklin & de Decker Fall 2004, the acknowledged commercial source for business aviation data. This is a service which we purchase. The data from the engineers in Gulfstream Sales Engineering / Technical Marketing is more accurate, but a.) It is proprietary and b.) I didn’t use it to avoid comments like yours.

If you feel that the data provided by Conklin and de Decker is inaccurate you can contact them directly with your corrections at:

Headquarters
Conklin & de Decker Associates
62B Cranberry Highway
Orleans, MA 02653
Telephone 508.255.5975
Facsimile 508.255.9380
Email [email protected]

GV

~

Last edited:
GV Does It Again

Speaking of the WSCoD he writes (and I quote with relish), "It is a fragile collection of expedients."

Coming from a man who never responds to wanton lunacy or taunts with vitriol, whose default is rationality and to dig for and analyze data, the above line is as defining as the nom de farce by which this pilloried airframe in now globally known. And I'm still laughing.

And from Heathen, "Hey AcroChik, why don't you apply at Fed-Ex. There may be a slot for you. With your vocabulary skills, you should be a shoe-in."

Thanks for the invite. Just now, the only thing they'd hire me for is answering phones. I'm young and there's lots of quality hours still to be to be flown. But, one day, maybe, baby.

Last edited:
The brakes on the 550 are universally reviled in my department. You might as well have an "on/off" switch. Simply possessing massive stopping power is not enough. You shouldn't have to devote 95% of your attention on the ground to avoiding having the owner join you in the cockpit (involuntarily!).

That, and "Cert B" broke a lot of things that weren't broken prior to that installation. :mad:

But, if you want to fly 8 pax 11+ hours at M.85, there's not much competition out there.TC

AcroChik said:
Speaking of the WSCoD he writes (and I quote with relish), "It is a fragile collection of expedients."

Coming from a man who never responds to wanton lunacy or taunts with vitriol, whose default is rationality and to dig for and analyze data, the above line is as defining as the nom de farce by which this pilloried airframe in now globally known. And I'm still laughing.

You sure do have a way with words, AcroChik!

Latest resources

Back