Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fl410

ONLY 5 DAYS TILL FL410 for the WSCoD!

I wonder if the WSCoDriverII will be doing the a "back course" approach at FL410:D

O-Line said:
Well, inquiring minds want to know if the WSCoD finally made it to FL410

According the latest issue of Business and Corporate Aviation Magazine the Legacy has been certified for FL410. All new-build airplanes have it and older airplanes can be retrofitted. The are also coming with WI-FI Internet, Sattelite TV/Radio to go with the previously available phone system, and a new "upgraded standard" interior (the article did not elaborate). For end-2005/early-2006 expect fully integrated paperless cockpit (Electronic Flight Bag) and EVS certifications.

Can't find a link to the article online so you'll have to pick up a B&CA magazine at the FBO to see for yourself.

Had to dig but here it is.

FL410 Capability announced March 28, 2005.

"Embraer will deliver the first aircraft with the 41,000 ft capability to new customers in the second quarter of 2005. The service bulletin for current Legacy owners will be made available upon request and some are already scheduled for implementation."

http://www.embraer.com.br/institucional/download/2_019-Prd-VAC-Legacy_41k_Certification-I-05.pdf

Similar article but not as detailed. Apparently this is old news.

http://www.embraer.com.br/institucional/download/2_021-Com-VAC-Labace_Show_2005-I-05.pdf

Last edited:
miles otoole said:
Still hangin' on, eh?

Sorry, but I don't get the reference. The man asked a question and since I happened to read about this very thing at the airport three days ago I decided to look it up for him. Might as well contribute something of merit to this merit-less thread. People are a little edgy around here it seems.

Last edited:
You're Right, This Forum Has Lots Of Bad Attitude.

But...,

This is actually a terrific and funny thread with lots of merit.

Some intelligent and experienced people have shared a lot of knowledge in it.

And it's just laugh-your-socks-off funny.

Try actually reading it.

I don't find 30:1 gangbangs humorous.

After reading the thread as far along as one can humanly stand to I have come to some conclusions.

First off, both sides are ignoring cogent points made by the other. LegacyDude makes some points and so does FalconDude.

Secondly, the Legacy is really not a competitor to the Gulfstream in a direct sense. The primary reason they are compared is their comparable size. Everyone looking at a Legacy thinks it's a Gulfstream-class airplane because it is big. Big yes, but direct competitor to Gulfstream, no. But to call it crappy because it won't go 5,000 miles is missing the point entirely. It is not made to compete in the ultra-long-range market - it is made to compete in the mid-size market.

You get a large-cabin airplane for a mid-size price with mid-size performance and costs. You also get an airplane where every part is tracked on a computer in the RJ fleet highlighting problems months or even years before a Corporate operator would see them. That is a pretty cool thing.

Thirdly, just because an argument is being drowned out by background noise doesn't make it invalid. The poor guy is getting out-yelled mostly. The signal to noise ratio on this thread is really poor - 1:12 at best.

Everyone should probably take a deep breath and leave the personal insults at the door. When the discussion deals with facts (and at this point I am at a total loss as to what is fact and what is not because people are citing multiple and conflicting sources - B&CA seems to support the bulk of LegacyDude's numbers regarding the Legacy's performance, not the numbers shown by GVFlyer) it is informative to some degree. I have learned more about Gulfstreams than I ever thought possible.

I have also found myself disappointed with the level of vitriol on this board. Dare I quote Rodney King?

No airplane is perfect, not even the mighty G550. For some the Legacy suits their mission requirements, for others no. We should just leave it at that. I think it is clear that calling the Legacy a piece of sh-- is unfair, just as comparing a Legacy to a G350 is unfair.

Flame away. Fire-proof underwear on.

I totally agree with you about the vitriol on this forum.

If you want even-handedness and rational discussion, in which each assertion is carefully substantiated, try the political threads here.

You have good vocabulary skills. I'm sure if you keep looking you'll find the "engaged" switch for your sense of humor :p

Latest resources

Back