• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Considering the folks you work with didn't have the stones to demand a decent contract...

Considering, as a result, the folks you work for pay you 21 bucks an hour to fly it...

I can't say I blame you.

I apologise- I am just too tired (and not that good a reader) to bother to read the answers on this thread. But correct me if I'm wrong- isn't a Legacy just a commuter with a fancy paint job? But whizzing along @ 0.73 must be a thrill- man, can they now make jets go that fast?

Last edited:
G21Agoose said:
I apologise- I am just too tired (and not that good a reader) to bother to read the answers on this thread. But correct me if I'm wrong- isn't a Legacy just a commuter with a fancy paint job? But whizzing along @ 0.73 must be a thrill- man, can they now make jets go that fast?

You are wrong and may stand corrected on all counts.

M 0.73? Ha! Never happens.

Bottom line: I'd rather be going .795 M in a big comfy jet than .92 M in a shoebox.

76 pages on this thread...Holy $hit. This has to be approaching some kinda record.......

As you were, I have a cold Foster's waiting for me.:beer:

Mercury said:
76 pages on this thread...Holy $hit. This has to be approaching some kinda record.......

All this proves is that a whole lotta pilots are full of a whole lotta b.s.

76 pages knocking an aircraft that has proved quite a success in the market with about 75 in service in 4 years and almost no re sales......no incidents.... no acsidents.......

An aircraft with M0.8 and FL410 capability (like a Challenger), a cabin with many of the creature comforts of a G-string....albeit without the headroom, but at a price many, many millions less..... and with range more than a higher priced Falcon 2000. Reasonable, but not award winning short field performance, cleared into LCY and Aspen-Telluride.

All in all a very cost effective aircraft............dare we say it.... an aircraft that performs a great many missions more cost efficiently than most other business jets.......and isnt that what BUSINESS is all about.

Maybe BUSINESS to all the bitchin pilots here is all about wearing shades, eatin bbq and trying hard to hang onto the cool :-(

FLAMES

Silver Wings said:
Maybe BUSINESS to all the bitchin pilots here is all about wearing shades, eatin bbq and trying hard to hang onto the cool :-(

OF COURSE its all about the BBQ!

But seriuosly, good thoughts there silverwings, and I'm not gonna flame. Having spent time in both the airline 145 and the Legacy, it's a verry different bird. The big complaints about the RJ are noise and cramped quarters, right? Since the Legacy isn't built as light as possible to eke out every ounce of FAA-reweighted payload, sound insulation is actually used. It's amazing what a difference a few hundred pounds of noise blankets makes..

On the space issue, all I can say is DUH!! Anybody been on a CRJ lately? I don't see anybody bitching that a Challenger 604 or Global is cramped, but the POS CRJ has to be the least comfortable airline jet in existance, even worst than the ERJ. It's 4-across with only 16 inches more cabin width than the Embraer. My point is, whether it was a corporate plane converted for airline use or an airliner converted to corporate doesn't matter (except for the added benefit of airline-spec durability) Any plane originally designed for 37 people now fitted with a 15 seat interior will be quite roomy, and shouldn't be judged by those that have only seen the airline version.

Now, in my current life as an airline 170 driver, I have to say that I'm ecstatic about the forthcoming Lineage. I'm not going to call it a BBJ killer because it's not. The Legacy was never meant as a G-5 killer, either. What the Lineage will do is provide a giant cabin for 4000 mile missions like US-Europe, US Transcons, Europe-Mideast, etc.

If you're truly going halfway around the world like NYC-Perth all the time this may not be the best ride for you, but if it's a once or twice a year event, you're paying for a lot of unneeded capability the rest of the time. Any plane is going to require a tech stop, and the question just becomes 2 stops vs. 1 in the big G or BBJ. The time difference will be minimal since the 170 is as fast as the BBJ, and may even be able to do it in the same time since it can use HSC with the two stops rather than LRC and one-stop, and still burn less gas than the Boeing.

The Lineage will come from the factory with CAT III capability via HUD and/or Autoland (customer choice, both available and certified), Chart-View available on the Epic map displays, Autothrottles, any comm setup desired, whatever layout you can design, and a truly quiet interior.

The software issues referred to a few posts back are gone now. I can bring a 170 from totally cold to ready to push in 8 minutes, without the help of a mechanic. On the odd occasion that something does go goofy on the startup, a reboot cures it 99% of the time. Since a responsible crew has the plane powered up and ready to go before the boss gets there anyway, it's not an issue.

BTW, the current record longest thread is here:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=35874
134 pages and counting.

77 pages, do I hear 77??

..CT

Latest resources

Back