• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way Red-Headed Step Child. We are all still waiting with much anticipation as to how your job interview went. Does the following quote ring a bell?

ERJ-140 said:
Ha ha ha! My pm list is 10:1 against you wankers. Everyone is saying "keep it up" or "screw those clueless idiots on flightinfo". I actually got an interview out of this thread! Ha ha ha!

FalconCapt is a loser. Still can't disprove 320 nm range at 390 with 8 pax and ifr reserve!

Haha ha ha! Ban imminent! Ha yha ha ha!

Losers and idiots all. Live in your fantasy world. I'm gone. Cya!!!

Legacy rulz. Peace.

Dangerkitty said:
Who needs facts and trainnig when you can use ERJ-140's "Uneducated and illogical use of Aircraft Radar." At your your local bookstores now.

Nobody said avoid training. But train to use the equipment you have. I am asking you to rephrase what I am saying and all you come up with are smart a$$ remarks. Hey, at least now I know why you couldn't spot a Level 4. (I'd keep that information a secret if I were you.)

Dangerkitty said:
By the way Red-Headed Step Child. We are all still waiting with much anticipation as to how your job interview went.

I said I was *OFFERED* an interview, I didn't say I *WENT* to an interview. I'm happy where I am. But thanks for your keen interest in my well-being.

It is interesting to note that FalconCapt has remained REMARKABLY silent regarding the published Embraer performance numbers and their alleged contradiction of my claims. Guess that means they -don't- contradict me.

ERJ-140 said:
Then let's put this phrase another way. I have thought of every conceivable way to phrase what I am talking about. How about, "Pulling a cell out of clutter" instead? Does that help? Like a friend of mine once said to his F/O after being asked which way he wanted to divert around the "next cell." "Yeah, ask Center which way they want us to divert around Cleveland." Lots of EMB drivers don't have the concept down. It's not a highly emphasized part of training (at least at some regionals).

You can tell a cell is a cell by seeing what is or is not behind it. The GAIN on this radar will show clutter in some areas and blank spots behind precip by varying the gain. I have done it many times in daylight just for practice to teach others. Leaving it in auto will often just paint green everywhere with no clear indication of intensity because it often all looks the same. I don't care what you call it, varying the gain and tilt as described works.

I am in no way going to kill myself of that I can assure you. I have plenty of experience with precip and radar in the EMB and have never had a problem. Leaving an EMB radar in AUTO gain will provide you at times with a lot of useless information. You absolutely MUST use the GAIN control with this radar (in addition to tilt angle variations) or you will find yourself (as clearly some have) in the middle of some very bad stuff.

Ground Clutter is ground clutter. A cell is a cell. If you are painting ground clutter then you need to adjust the tilt so that the very edge of the radar screen is showing a slight bit of ground clutter. By this technique you know what the radar's zero tilt is at. You can adjust your tilt accordingly to scan for cells above or below you.

Gain has nothing to do with it you clueless moron.

Dangerkitty said:
Ground Clutter is ground clutter. A cell is a cell. If you are painting ground clutter then you need to adjust the tilt so that the very edge of the radar screen is showing a slight bit of ground clutter. By this technique you know what the radar's zero tilt is at. You can adjust your tilt accordingly to scan for cells above or below you.

Gain has nothing to do with it you clueless moron.

Yes it does, "moron". The Gain reduces or increases the sensitivity of what is displayed. You don't even have to "Paint" ground clutter. You can just "paint" "white noise" and see precip with that. If you have rain in front of it you'll see black behind it.

ERJ-140 said:
I said I was *OFFERED* an interview, I didn't say I *WENT* to an interview. I'm happy where I am. But thanks for your keen interest in my well-being.

BS, Falcon Capt (who is a moderator by the way) checked you PM box and found no such messages.

Once again you are showing to everyone here why we all know you to be a fraud and a liar. A compulsive liar.

Dangerkitty said:
BS, Falcon Capt (who is a moderator by the way) checked you PM box and found no such messages.

Once again you are showing to everyone here why we all know you to be a fraud and a liar. A compulsive liar.

FalconCapt cannot possibly check every single message in my inbox, especially when I delete them when they arrive. Besides, did I say the interview offer was via PM?

Stick it in your pitot tube, pal. You are a whiny, unprofessional, incompetent jerk. Talk to yourself in the mirror. I'm done with you.

Last edited:
ERJ-140 said:
Yes it does, "moron". The Gain reduces or increases the sensitivity of what is displayed. You don't even have to "Paint" ground clutter. You can just paint "white noise" and see cells with that.

Keep messing with the gain around precip then. Sooner or later we will be reading about you in the paper.

Hope you have a will written for next of kin.

Dangerkitty said:
Keep messing with the gain around precip then. Sooner or later we will be reading about you in the paper.

Hope you have a will written for next of kin.

You *must* manipulate the gain (AND TILT) periodically in precip to interpret what you see. If you don't, then you are an idiot.

ERJ-140 said:
You *must* manipulate the gain periodically in precip to interpret what you see. If you don't, then you are an idiot.

Well, then all my instructors at all the courses I have ever taken are all idiots.
American Airlines, Continental Express, Bombardier and FlightSafety. Every single one of them had no clue what they were talking about.

You on the other hand know everything there is to know.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back