Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bigD, you da man!

Now do we get to look forward to another 1000 posts bashing the mighty WSCoD?

If so, ERJ-140, your profile states you've flown the Citation. Which one?

Dangerkitty said:
ERJ-140,

I have tried to tell you a million times but I will go through it one more time.
Back in 1998-1999 when I was flying the EMB-145 we had major major major problems with the radar. It wasn't just me, it was all of Continental Express Airlines. Since Continental Express was the launch customer for this POS airplane you love so much Honeywell, Embraer, and COEX all got together to come up with a fix for the radar problem. We tried everything known to man to get this thing to work and we still had problems. When I left COEX to go to a major the problems had yet to be resolved. Being that COEX was/is an airline that is in the business to fly passengers and make money they would just put a band-aid on the problem in hopes that it would go away. To my knowledge, it never did.

Furthermore, your "radar shadows" theory is absolute bunk. A radar shadow is a radar shadow. You can't pull shadows out of precip. IT CAN'T BE DONE!

On the other hand you state you are typed in the B-737. When asked very simple questions about the aircraft you dodge the question and dont even answer. That is why you have no credibility here. Every other day you are caught in a new lie.

Why dont you tell us about your B-737 type. Where were you typed and what do you know about the B-737?

I have no reason, desire, or obligation to divulge my knowledge or lack thereof regarding the B-737. I can only tell you that I am typed in it and grew up around it most of my life (my old man had over 25,000 hours in them over 30+ years of flying the type). This thread is about the Legacy, not the 737. When I have 1000 hours in the 737 I'll be glad to talk about it in another thread. I am woefully unqualified to discuss an airplane I am barely beginning to learn. Just because one is typed doesn't mean a thing.

Now in ERJs, on the other hand, I have almost 4,000 hours and over four years experience (135, 140, 145 - with more than 1000 as a PIC) and feel perfectly qualified to discuss it.

As for the shadow theory...perhaps we are talking at cross purposes. Are you trying to tell me that I cannot use the gain to pick a cell out of ground clutter, background noise, or precip by dialing it down? Are you telling me I cannot, for lack of a better term, "burn through" attenuation at a lower gain by dialing the gain up higher?

When did you last fly the ERJ and use the radar? Do you believe things have changed since then? Were you an expert wx radar man when you flew the ERJ? It sounds to me like you haven't flown it since 2001 and that you are "back dating" some of your since-acquired knowledge to your time on the ERJ.

Every carrier has had problems with the ERJ radar, not just COEX. It has certainly been a topic of discussion and consternation. But I can tell you from firsthand experience that more than 90% of the EMB's radar problems are operator-induced.

This is not an attack on you, so please, lighten up. The radar could use improvement, I wholeheartedly agree. But let's at least distribute (or try to distribute) the blame where it properly lies. Frankly it isn't all the equipment.

Last edited:
I flew that POS with Dangerkitty and Bad-Andy. The radar is an absolute worthless, useless piece of crap.

It didn't matter what you did with the gain or tilt. It simply doesn't paint anything, even level 4's, until you are right in it.

That's the fact Jack!!

bayoubandit said:
I flew that POS with Dangerkitty and Bad-Andy. The radar is an absolute worthless, useless piece of crap.

It didn't matter what you did with the gain or tilt. It simply doesn't paint anything, even level 4's, until you are right in it.

That's the fact Jack!!

I would not push it that far, you can paint some stuff, but when you are in it or in terrain, it becomes worthless.

ERJ-140 said:
As for the shadow theory...perhaps we are talking at cross purposes. Are you trying to tell me that I cannot use the gain to pick a cell out of ground clutter, background noise, or precip by dialing it down? Are you telling me I cannot, for lack of a better term, "burn through" attenuation at a lower gain by dialing the gain up higher?

Radar shadows have nothing to do with ground clutter or "background noise".
A radar shadow is a radar shadow. Thats it. A radar shadow is a cell so strong that the radar cannot see through the precip and tell you whats on the other side. As I have stated earlier, no amount of changing the gain, or the tilt will see through heavy precip and tell you whats on the other side.
YOU CANT SEE PAST A RADAR SHADOW! IT CANT BE DONE! I don't care what type of radar you are using.

ERJ-140 said:
When did you last fly the ERJ and use the radar? Do you believe things have changed since then? Were you an expert wx radar man when you flew the ERJ? It sounds to me like you haven't flown it since 2001 and that you are "back dating" some of your since-acquired knowledge to your time on the ERJ.

The last time I had the displeasure to fly the WSCoD was in 2000. Maybe they have totally changed the radar and put in new units, but I doubt it.
I wouldn't really call Embraer's customer support all that stellar. Heck, it was almost impossible to understand their manuals. It took me about a six months or so to be able to decipher their Portugeuse to Spanish to English translations.

ERJ-140 said:
This is not an attack on you, so please, lighten up. The radar could use improvement, I wholeheartedly agree. But let's at least distribute (or try to distribute) the blame where it properly lies. Frankly it isn't all the equipment.

Ok lets now talk about the aileron actuators breaking in flight were you would only have an aileron actuator on one side. The problem got so bad that Embraer came out with an emergency directive to make all EMB-135/145 operators to inspect the aileron operators everyday.

Many times we would be waiting for pax only to find out that our plane was grounded. This was because of the aileron actuator breaking. I once went out side to take a look. The pieces of the actuator were on the ground where the mechanic had opened the inspection port.

Probably my biggest fear was both actuators breaking in flight and loosing all control over the ailerons. I then asked the Chief of Maintenence what would happen if both broke and was told that no one was really sure. He then told me that the problem would most likely be fixed when 3 crew and 50 passengers were dead. Luckily the problem was finally fixed 3-4 months later but it didn't make for tranquil flights during the ordeal.

As for you being typed in the B-737 I still don't believe you. Companies dont type you and then you don't fly the airplane. Just doesn't work like that.
You could however tell us where you were typed. I think at the very least you could remember that.

I will be waiting for another 1-2 weeks for you to call your Captain and find out where B-737 type training talkes place.

Last edited:
ERJ-140 said:
Ha ha ha! My pm list is 10:1 against you wankers. Everyone is saying "keep it up" or "screw those clueless idiots on flightinfo". I actually got an interview out of this thread! Ha ha ha!

FalconCapt is a loser. Still can't disprove 320 nm range at 390 with 8 pax and ifr reserve!

Haha ha ha! Ban imminent! Ha yha ha ha!

Losers and idiots all. Live in your fantasy world. I'm gone. Cya!!!

Legacy rulz. Peace.

And now from the "ERJ-140 has now credibility department."

So, ERJ-140 how did the job interview go? Oh yeah, thats right there was no job interview was there? Falcon Captain being a moderator was able to look at you PM list and see that no such coorespondence took place.

Just another example of you being a liar and a fraud.

ERJ-140 said:
Besides, if I were the pilot on 730 then that would only prove I know more about the Legacy than you do. Don't you think I would be keen to admit that? It might enhance my credibility. I doubt it, but it might.

ERJ-140 said:
I have no reason, desire, or obligation to divulge my knowledge or lack thereof regarding the B-737. I can only tell you that I am typed in it and grew up around it most of my life (my old man had over 25,000 hours in them over 30+ years of flying the type). This thread is about the Legacy, not the 737. When I have 1000 hours in the 737 I'll be glad to talk about it in another thread. I am woefully unqualified to discuss an airplane I am barely beginning to learn. Just because one is typed doesn't mean a thing.

Well whats it going to be ERJ-140? First you state that you are not typed in the 737 and then you state you are but have no exprerience in flying it? Why would it be that a company types you but never has you fly the airplane?

These three quotes are just a small example of why everyone here knows that you are full of $hit. Falcon Captain has busted you a million times. You have had the same IP address as all your other aliases. Then you get on here one night obviously very very intoxicated and make an absolute fool of yourself.

You change your story with every post and when you are called on it either state that it wasn't you or that you were just being sarcastic. If I were you I would just come out and tell the truth but since you are so deep in the web of lies you have constructed I guess you dont have the balls to do that. My bet is that you will continue to make a total fool or yourself.

By the way were did you get your B-737 type? Inquiring minds want to know.

ERJ-140 said:
I have no reason, desire, or obligation to divulge my knowledge or lack thereof regarding the B-737. I can only tell you that I am typed in it and grew up around it most of my life (my old man had over 25,000 hours in them over 30+ years of flying the type).
You know it's rather amusing to go back and read some of Skull-One's old postings.
Skull-One said:
One of the benefits of having a popular SWA senior Captain for a father are the connections it provides. I have far more worries about keeping my CHQ job than I do about my ability to get hired at SWA when I meet the requirements. Trust me, I have plenty of friends there.
Apparently at one time our resident Legacy expert wasn't such the expert either. This one was posted a little more than a year ago.
Skull-One said:
Stupid question, but does the EMB-135BJ (Legacy) fall under the same type rating as the EMB-145 and vice versa?
And apparently even this guy concedes that the W in WSCoD stands for whistling.
Skull-One said:
H10-13.4 with custom molded ear plugs. Keep it at or below 300 KIAS and it is a quiet airplane.

Dangerkitty said:
Radar shadows have nothing to do with ground clutter or "background noise".
A radar shadow is a radar shadow. Thats it. A radar shadow is a cell so strong that the radar cannot see through the precip and tell you whats on the other side. As I have stated earlier, no amount of changing the gain, or the tilt will see through heavy precip and tell you whats on the other side.
YOU CANT SEE PAST A RADAR SHADOW! IT CANT BE DONE! I don't care what type of radar you are using.

I may be using the wrong terminology but the effect is the same. You can manipulate the gain to create a "shadow", i.e. distinguish heavier precip from what is around it (rain, noise, whatever you wish to call it).

Dangerkitty said:
The last time I had the displeasure to fly the WSCoD was in 2000. Maybe they have totally changed the radar and put in new units, but I doubt it.

Agreed. But in this electronic age, software plays a large role in what the radar will tell you. Also the Legacy has an 880 which is at least a modest improvement over the 660. 99% of the ERJ fleet has the 660.

Dangerkitty said:
I wouldn't really call Embraer's customer support all that stellar. Heck, it was almost impossible to understand their manuals. It took me about a six months or so to be able to decipher their Portugeuse to Spanish to English translations.

Heh! Well the manuals are better now than they were, but again I agree they were pretty lame at one point.

Dangerkitty said:
Ok lets now talk about the aileron actuators breaking in flight were you would only have an aileron actuator on one side. The problem got so bad that Embraer came out with an emergency directive to make all EMB-135/145 operators to inspect the aileron operators everyday.

Many times we would be waiting for pax only to find out that our plane was grounded. This was because of the aileron actuator breaking. I once went out side to take a look. The pieces of the actuator were on the ground where the mechanic had opened the inspection port.

Probably my biggest fear was both actuators breaking in flight and loosing all control over the ailerons. I then asked the Chief of Maintenence what would happen if both broke and was told that no one was really sure. He then told me that the problem would most likely be fixed when 3 crew and 50 passengers were dead. Luckily the problem was finally fixed 3-4 months later but it didn't make for tranquil flights during the ordeal.

Not an issue of any kind since I started flying it. Obviously this was fixed.

Dangerkitty said:
As for you being typed in the B-737 I still don't believe you. Companies dont type you and then you don't fly the airplane. Just doesn't work like that.
You could however tell us where you were typed. I think at the very least you could remember that.

I could photo copy my license for you, too, but I won't. It doesn't matter. I am not going to reveal every single detail of my life to people I don't know. How I got it, where I got it, and who I work for are not relevant. I am here as an individual pilot, not as an employee or representative of my employer.

Please stop prying. It's not relevant. I am here merely to discuss this airplane, nothing more.

Latest resources

Back