Legacy Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ugggggggggg

UALExpress. Go Blueridge!!!. I would stay right where you are. Just because someone rents a conference room at the airport and spent $300 to have a model of his airline scheme made, does not an airline make. All I have heard is promise after promise and every timeline hasn't been kept for one reason or the other.

Until I see airplanes on the ramp and bills being payed, I am wondering if the Padre's dream is just that. There are many furloughed pilots that are hoping it flys, but after a couple of months I am becoming a "doubting Thomas."

I would never leave a very good regional for a startup unless the President had a history of success...ie the founder of Jet Blue and his previous success Morris Air.

Take care and fly safe.
Humble

I, too, was one of the initial cadre "hired" at Legacy, and I will support what Becket and Humble stated above. As a furloughee, I accepted the job offer, but am really waiting to see what (if anything) comes out of it.

Legacy is legit. That's not to say it will ever get off the ground. I only mean to say that it's not a scam or a criminal front. ALPA, the FAA, and the FBI checked it out from that standpoint.

I can't speak to the business plan or financial backing, other than to say that there have been constant delays to the operational start-up schedule.

You shouldn't kick yourself over missing the call in SYR, but there's no reason not to go if they announce another "casting call".

And certainly, I and anyone else would be crazy to fail to pursue other job leads while waiting for Legacy.

Good luck.

Your right KC-10!

I have spent many hours talking with some furloughed friends that went to the open house back in OCT and NOV. They all were offered the position by "PADRE" and to this date not one of them has started training. In fact one of my friends was a US AIR guys who has already started class at Piedmont with several of his buddies. A major drop in pay, but hell they are still flying... so they can't complain that much...anyway, who really knows with these guys, they are legit I guess talking with ALPA guys and all, but they just keep pushing back the start date from March 02 to June and know I here July 02. Yes they have a web site but who can't come up with that these days ya know. It is just a little suspicious to me. Like the post I read earlier it all seems to good to be true. For anyone in this field long enough you know that they just don't offer that kind of wages and work rules at a start up. My feeling is things sound to good, so therefore it can't be the real deal. But **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** I sure hope I ma worng. good luck to you that are pn PADRE'S List I hope it works out.

Dec 8th

Any folks from the December 8th, group interview seen an offer letter or any information from Legacy and the Padre? PM me if you would like. Thanks.

Humble

info if it helps

last week the syr news did about 5 min on them. The CEO talked about serving upstate NY from syr and providing low cost service. The news people asked people in the airport about what they thought and most just gave some answer that they flew on the airline and liked it. Just made me laugh b/c they don't have a certificate, no a/c, and have not flown one flt. so I don't know where this guy and others were comming from.

Also a buddy of mine who lives in syr and flys for TSA went to utica to track them down on 4/1/02 and office was locked tight at 2 pm.

I have not seen any legacy a/c in syr and a friend who flys out of utica says there is no legacy a/c there as well. When I was flying alot out of phl last year we saw the usa3000 airbus there many months before they started flying rev flights. I'll update if I here anything.

I actually was "hired" also at the last open house after this post died. Even though I was hired I knew walking out of that conference room it would never fly. Padre seemed to me to be manic and loved the attention he was getting from all these pilots, plus all the info he was giving was no different that that given months before at other open houses meaning nothing had changed. I kept up with what was going on with Legacy and even participated in the bulletin board Padre set up for us, but it became evident twords the middle or end of summer 2002 it was some mans pipe dream that was finally dying. I hope everyone found gainful employent and didn't spend too much time waiting and depending for Legacy. I think in the end there were close to 200 of us.

Latest resources

Back