Legacy Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ualexpress

I just talked to a friend who is a Delta furloughee. He has recently been hired by Legacy Airlines. I guess Legacy is a start-up out of Syracuse, NY, and they will be flying 737-700/800s and are supposed to start flying this summer. My friend was telling me they have hired about 100 furloughed guys and gals, and that they are not requiring these pilots to resign their seniority. They do require a 2 year training contract, but if you are recalled by the airline from which you were furloughed the training contract does not apply, it only applies if you leave to go to an airline other than the one you are furloughed from. Starting pay for Captains is 98/hr and for FOs 78/hr. Obviously many people will be hired right into the left seat and a quick upgrade for FOs.

Has anyone else heard of them or know much about Legacy? Sounds like a good deal especially for furloughees. I guess Legacy has had three open houses (last one was Saturday) for pilots. About 35 people showed up for each and everyone that showed was hired. The only thing he required was that they pass the background checks. Like I said earlier most of these people were furloughees and thats what the Chairman of the Board wanted. I guess he said that he had set up an interview process prior to 9/11 but elected to hire furloughees after 9/11. He said he needed the experience to start the airline and was willing to risk the departure of these furloughees at a later date (when they are recalled) to gain their experience, and that he hoped that many would decide to stay even after recall. Supposedly last Saturday was the last time he was going to run a "hire them all" open house and that all further new hires would go through an interview process. He said that Legacy would need about 240 pilots to operate the 30 airplanes they plan on having by next spring (2003). Just wondering if anyone had backgound on this company, not only for my friend but for myself. I am from the Syracuse area and would love to return if a good job like this was avialiable (even if it is a risk). AirInc has no info on them. Anyone can check them out at www.flylegacy.com. By the way the B737 type requirement in the FO position web page is not required. My Delta buddy said that info has not been updated and that Legacy is going to type both Captains and FOs.

Legacy Scam

Please be carefull! ALPA put the word out that Legacy was under FBI investigation. They were requiring 2 passport photos and copies of your licence and had no viable plan to start up.

flx757-

The pilot's attending the open house sessions in SYR found out about them by word of mouth. I believe that was the only way to get an invite. Don't know what the future process will be.

pappy

Actually I am an ALPA member and remembered reading something about Legacy on their website. It said something to the affect that ALPA had investigated Legacy and found it to be legit. It also stated that a couple members of Legacy Management team were ex-MEC ALPA chairmen. Also my buddy told me the passport photos were for company IDs. Now take this for what it is worth but my buddy said that they seem to have a good business plan with alot of financial backing (260 million worth).

flx 757, yeah I wish I had known about the open houses also. I guess it was through word of mouth only because if it had been advertised several hundred people would have shown up for relatively few jobs. My friend also said that not everyone at the open house were furloughees and they were hired also, so it sounds as if they are not only looking at furloughees but others as well.

I saw the posting on the ALPA site confirming they were legit, but it is no longer on there. Some members were concerned, but ALPA investigated and found their mangement to be very experienced, but could offer no advice or recommendations one way or another. Having lived in upstate NY recently, and having a desire to return there, I had been following their start-up (periodically) from when they were going by the name "Oneida Airlines" ; but the first I heard that they were actually interviewing was from the ALPA site. But again, couldn't really get any info from anyone inside. Good luck to those that may have an opportunity there.

Hey Little Duece,

Noticed your Dash-7 type. I sure did love flying that. Best fun I ever had. Who did you fly it for? You can send me a PM if you'd prefer.

The link from the message is this thread doesn't seem to work, but when I type it in manually I have no problems getting in.

Latest resources

Back