• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Left previous 121 carrier, and would like to return

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the orginal question, are you eligible for rehire at your previous airline or did you just not show up or go out with guns a blazin? If you are not eligible for rehire then you have a problem.

even with raising the mins to fly 121 to an ATP, and improved rest rules as well as the dawn of age 65, there will never be a shortage of pilots. Just a shortage of ones willing to work for $15-25K with little or not prospects of much higher earnings down the line.

But I'm hopeful that I'm wrong.

Look, you can call it whatever you like..."shortage" "lack of people applying" or whatever semantic you want. My point is that the regionals are going to have problems hiring in the next few years. This problem will end up putting one more of them out of business due to lack of ability to staff properly. The fact is that the regionals are the training ground for the majors. That is why people go there first before going to the majors. If regionals experience a shortage, the majors will too, eventually. Hiring managers at Delta are watching the hiring situation of the regionals closely, for instance. They know there is a shortage coming.

And PS, even if you make a career at a regional, you can make a good living. Most 15 year scales top out near or just over $100,000 a year (even more if you are an LCP or instructor). Take a look around you, and you'll see that sum is quite a bit above the national average.

I definitely left on good terms with my company. Gave 2 weeks notice, and a union rep made sure I was taken out as eligible for rehire.

Then you should be okay, now all we need is hiring to begin again. Good luck

Why would a union rep be involved with your departure from a regional? hummm..

Because he is a family friend, who when he heard I was leaving took it upon himself to make sure I was taken out of the system as eligible for rehire.

You know what makes me mad , Tall dudes . I mean really tall ones ,Like up to 6'2 is ok , That kinda makes me mad, but really tall dudes using up all that airspace.

Latest resources

Back