leaving Pinnacle for SkyWest!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cougarblue

just wondering what y'all think about my decision to leave Pinnacle (600ish senority) to live at home working for Skywest!

What the h*ll man??? Seems like that would be one hard decision to make. You made it right? Why would you subject yourself to anything us jokers have to say. To make you feel better....worse???

If you are just getting hired at Skywest now and are leaving the middle of the stack at PCL ( i have no idea how many guys they've got) I'd say.......good luck, lots of it. The being at home thing will be nice.

AD

cougarblue said:
just wondering what y'all think about my decision to leave Pinnacle (600ish senority) to live at home working for Skywest!
Hey,
Did your parents get that paneling in the basement done?
Just kidding, do whats best for you!
PBR

I just thought if Im gonna be at a regional for 10 years, than why not be where you want to be and work at a company you want to work at? Life is actually pretty good at Pinnacle and upgrade is probabaly coming around the corner, I just dont want to regret being there when it is all said and done!

I am concerned with the ASA situation. Any thoughts on how that would play out for me? Upgrade at Skywest?
Thanks...

I left Pinnacle a while back for my first choice. I will be based close to family and living where I want to live. You can't put a dollar value on that.

If it makes you happy...then do it.

Welcome Aboard

cougarblue said:

You aren't the first to do this. SkyWest is a great company with a lot of great people. I had several people in my class that were upgrading in the 14-16 month range even though others say it's longer. Most of the junior Captains are going to O'Hare.

I wouldn't worry about any problems with the ASA merger. Knock on wood.

Times can change in a hurry though - it wasn't too long ago that Pinnacle was the place to be; and ACA the place to be before that.

cougarblue...is that you DM? Are you crazy getting answers to a life changing question on a crazy board like this???

Commuting Sucks!!! If you plan to stay in the regionals for a while then come on over. Upgrade is around 2 years. The upgrade list for the EMB is pretty short but there isn't much movement from EMB CA to CRJ CA right now

Commuting is for the birds, if you can be based at home, in my opinion, that makes up for a lot. That is one of the reasons i went with Pinnacle. Do you live in Chicago, or Denver? That is probably where you will go first.

Byu

Dude, if you're a BYU fan, you might as well just stay at PCL. BYU!? WHY?!!! There's just no excuse when there are so many other teams out there.

Otherwise, though, come on over. Commuting stinks.

Latest resources

Back