Leaving Kids/Family while flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ravengirl said:
Take it for what you will, but remember, you did ask.

Stephanie
It's hard to get by the piercings and the tats, but ya gotta admit this Stephanie gal is one smart cookie.

;)

fastandlow said:
Nothing noble?! What a sad perspective. Those on the outside looking in don't understand. Those on the inside looking out can't explain it. In another sense, who's going to be holding your hand or your spouses hand when you die? the nurse or orderly, no one?? What a way to cap off your turn at life on Earth! I don't fault anyone's choice of not having children - actually there are plenty of people on the planet. But having children raises your purpose on this planet to a level way above those who have none. Not judgement, just a fact.

And for those without kids, please don't *ever* compare your dog or cat to my child!
There are not just "plenty" of people on this planet...there are "too many"...and this planet can hardly support the ones already here! I'm not sure I buy your "children raising your purpose here on earth" theory...HOW? If you are raising your children to be thoughtful, industrious, respectful citizens of this country AND this planet...then more power to you. However, my personal experience with others children is that most American kids are NOT being raised that way. They are being raised to be self-involved, lazy and disrespectful...that is not good news for anyone...or for this planet!

fastandlow said:
And for those without kids, please don't *ever* compare your dog or cat to my child!
We won't. After all dogs don't talk back:)

TonyC said:
It's hard to get by the piercings and the tats, but ya gotta admit this Stephanie gal is one smart cookie.

;)
*rolls eyes* Thanks...I have moments of clarity every now and again:p

qmaster3 said:
We won't. After all dogs don't talk back:)
There's a lot to be said for that, too!! They all have their place. and my dog's is in the back yard.

learflyer said:
I'm not sure I buy your "children raising your purpose here on earth" theory...HOW?
One simple and major one - what child will be without a parent if you were abducted by aliens or hit by a bus tonite? Let's just agree that some people are just not cut out for kids. And PLEASE don't have a problem with it and try to force the issue - get a vasectomy or your tubes tied. The V is no big deal (after the novacane) and is covered by many insurance plans... just think of the load off your mind.

Happy New Year to everyone...

Last edited:
learflyer said:
Why even have kids to begin with? My wife and I have a dog and two cats at home and are STRESS FREE!! Can we have kids? (medically) Yes. Do we want them? He!! No. I may be in the minority here, but everytime I see a poor mother at the store, they always seem to be struggling. They always seem so unhappy constantly having to tell them no, put that down, no u can't have that. to me, there is nothing noble about that.

I've seen the damage children can do to a household both emotionally, and physically. Why more people don't want to have a more simple life is beyond me.

why in the world would you EVER get married if you didn't want a family?? someone to feed the dog and cat while you fly??

I've seen the damage children can do to a household both emotionally, and physically. Why more people don't want to have a more simple life is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

whoa...damage children do to a household???
:confused: .

TonyC said:

;)
I'll agree with that. Great post Stephanie. If I were half my age and single we'd be talking.

WhiteCloud said:
I'll agree with that. Great post Stephanie. If I were half my age and single we'd be talking.
Don't forget the other half of the equation - if I were single, too :cool:

Gulfstream 200 said:
whoa...damage children do to a household???
:confused: .
Yepp. Crayola on the wall, Snack in the VCR/DVD, cheese-it's in the oscillating fan. Oh the joys. I have 3yr old twins and "partners in crime" takes on a whole new meaning. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back