• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's tough for these Corndogs to understand what they allow....
You are such a freakin' tool! What we ALLOW! In what world do the pilots get to choose what the hiring minimums are at an airline? Does DALPA dictate what eligibility minimums Delta must use when hiring pilots? Of course not. If they did, I would urge them to get rid of the $100,000 requirement to obtain a college degree that DALPA ALLOWS! A prerequisite that virtually no other airline currently requires.

why so surprised? You have a copy of our list. The bottom VJ hire sits around 8%.

Tyrone,
Half these guys have been flying for the airlines for only a few years. That was ancient history to them. Cut 'em some slack. They don't know that today's AT was the result of a merger between VJ and another airline.

I never applied to VJ for the same reason I never applied to SWA or ComAir or NW Airlink or Gulfstream or COEX. Not gonna pay to play. Glad it worked out for you guys tho.

Oh geeez.... Wow. Look, do you and Bubba have a college degree? You both must have been turned down by DL.... Yep. Why did you get the degree? DL must have been on your mind.... (Like Georgia)

- Yes, I have a college degree.
- No, I wasn't turned down by Delta; not to hurt your feelings General, as delicate as they must be, but I only applied to Southwest--that being where I wanted to work. This way, I never have to worry about being stuck flying with you.
- I got the degree in a commissioning program in the military.

Your airline still requires something that costs money, and you have to have it to START training.

Exactly how dumb are you, anyway? Your airline still requires something that costs exponentially more money to be hired (something that apparently no other major requires).

DL requires a 4 year degree that will disqualify you from even getting an interview. Big difference. Everyone but you Corndogs see the difference it seems. Your policy is BAD for our profession. DL's policy is good for society. I guess you'd go to a doctor who didn't go to med school for surgery. Yeah, looks like it. You also think Pilots and bus drivers are the same. Yeah...

Bye Bye---General Lee

You know, first your argument was that "a type rating as a hiring minimum wasn't required by the FAA, so it must be PFT." So I pointed out all the things that your airline required as a hiring minimum that weren't required by the FAA. So then your argument became "well, no other airline requires it, so it must be PFT." So I pointed out something that your airline requires that no other does. Ouch. So now, your argument has finally evolved into "well, we require our minimum to be interviewed, while you only require your minimum to be satisfied before you start training, so it must be PFT."

Jesus, how is that even an argument? Do you seriously not hear how idiotic that sounds? Would you rather we went back to requiring a type to be interviewed? That would suddenly make it not PFT?

So tell me, O' Delta Sage, why do you require an unrelated 4-year degree to be hired at Delta, when no other major airline requires it? How does an $80,000 degree in underwater basket weaving make you a better pilot? For that matter, how is that policy "good for society"? As Trip pointed out, the only thing it's good for, is finding another job when you get furloughed. And as for your newest asinine analogy, of course I want my doctor to have gone to med school, but I would think it a stupid waste of time if he had been forced to go to pilot training as a requirement for getting into medical school.

By the way, what's your society-improving, obviously-pilot-necessitating college degree in? Buffoonery? Hell, you probably have a PhD in that.

So what's your next childish argument going to be?

Bubba

Really?

One must possess a 737 type to start at SW. No need to purchase one if you already have one.

What is false about this "argument"?

Your point?

My point? It's wrong for the profession. Most SWA pilots PAY for a type via Higher Power. Does SWA not want to pay APDs? Investing in Higher Power may serve you well.

SWA Bubba;2446216And as for your newest asinine analogy said:
pilot[/I] training as a requirement for getting into medical school.

Bubba

Nicely stated Bubba.

The thing I really like about the General is this...the more he 'tries' to debate an issue, the more of an idiot he is uncovered to be. Day in and day out. Year after year.

But he typically can never stay on topic. Has to evolve into some other unrelated subject because he can't objectively debate the issue at hand. Like Delta's PFT for 4yrs of college.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back