Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave sinking Comair and go to another regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
813CA

You need to make decisions based on what is best for you in your current situation. Advice from just about anyone else is going to be skewed toward their own perceptions on the industry.

You are the guy at Comair and you know best the chances of retaining your job there until the next hiring wave hits. I would look at things like paycuts, bases, commutes, long-term reliability of employment, upgrade times, marketability of training, and overall QOL sacrifices. Look at those factors and compare them to the benefits of staying at Comair and make a decision.

Most importantly; make the decision for yourself, don't let anyone else make it for you.

I agree, I'm in an even worse position than 813CA is, and for my money I figure I'll stay here as long as I can, because something tells me a job paying first-year regional FO wages won't be any harder to find later than now, so why should I take the pay cut now? As for other places having better upgrade prospects, I've been in this game long enough not to place too much faith in those. Also, I don't think turboprop PIC time is all that appealing anymore. Middle Eastern carriers, for instance, don't count prop time at all, unless it's a C-130 or maybe a P-3.

BUT Compass keeps the flow down!!!! I can't believe that!

The fact that the Compass flow seems to have survived might just be one of the few examples of anything resembling fairness left in this industry. That airline was created for the sole purposes of mainline furlough protection, it sure never made any business sense, so I'm glad those guys actually got what they signed up for.

Latest resources

Back