Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave sinking Comair and go to another regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do I try and leave before I loose my job sometime in the next year and a half just to start over again at the bottom of another regional. I know Compass and Pinnacle are hiring......

Are they offering buyouts for pilots? voluntary furloughs? I heard they were. As for me, I want to leave NOW. Supposedly they are working on buyout packages. I'm also applying for other jobs not related to airlines. Anyway, I would go where you had a future. Why not SkyWest? I heard SKYW was hiring and they seem to be growing like gang-busters. Also a friend of mine got a call for an interview with Virgin America. He didn't go but I think they are hiring. If you still want to fly with a regional who is hiring, try SKYW. I don't think it's that easy just to get into a major at this time. If you are furloughed though you should have preferential hiring with someone so you may want to go that route too and just wait to be kicked to the curb. Perhaps majors will give Comair pilots preferential hiring except the big fat D of course.

Since just when is Skywest growing like gangbusters? When did they grow at all? I don't think any regional is doing much 'growing'!

Key Lime Air. Start on the Navajo.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks for the good posts, and far as the bad posts... Not interested. I have been at Comair for 8 years and yes I was at Piedmont, and yes I should have never left Piedmont. IF Comair goes down to 44 airframes than that is around 440 pilots I am in the 680-720 range so I don't think I will keep my job......

N813,

I would seriously consider Great Lakes or another carrier that is similar. The pay is horrible but the crews are great. Get your 1000 TPIC so that you are marketable in the next hiring wave. Sucking it up for 2 years will be tough. 5 years from now you will be looking back and asking yourself why you didn't bail to Lakes/Gulfstream/etc. sooner.

I hate to say it but the General is right...

Why go to a place like Eagle or Pinnacle where upgrade will be an eternity. Chances are you have a ******************** ton of SIC RJ time and little PIC time, which makes you a dime a dozen. It's all about PIC in the end.

Ameriflight is hiring 5-10 PICs a month until the end of the year. Pay might be crap and it's not the best QOL but you could upgrade into a Beech 99 within 6-12 months if you're flexible and build multi-turbine PIC.

Take one step back to take two steps forward my friend....

Latest resources

Back