Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave sinking Comair and go to another regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do what is best for you and your family. There are a lot of ex-pat RJ jobs out there if you don't have anything tying you to the states.

There are a lot of ex-pat RJ jobs out there if you don't have anything tying you to the states.

Palm, if you have some good contacts please let me know. I haven't been lucky for a few months since my last contract timed out. :(

Do I try and leave before I loose my job sometime in the next year and a half just to start over again at the bottom of another regional. I know Compass and Pinnacle are hiring......

Didn't you work at Piedmont before Comair? I think if I were you I would hang out at Comair to see whats gonna happen.

I remember everyone jumping ship from Piedmont saying that we would be done because we didn't have RJs. Well it looks like the Mighty Dash 8 is gonna live on past the 50 seat RJs. And now US Airways is starting to look again for a replace fleet of TurboProps for Piedmont.

If I were you I would hang on at Comair. This is the airline industry and you never know whats gonna happen. If you did work at Piedmont I don't think you wanna see 3 different Regionals on your Resume. Atleast if you get furloughed you can explain that easier then saying you bailed out each time it started looking rough.

Just my thought.... And good luck to everyone there.

Don't worry about how many airlines/employers are on your resume. I understand what WSurf is saying but in this industry you can't worry about things like that. It's not like you are jumping from regional to regional chasing an upgrade. You have no choice in the matter. I'm at my third regional and my work history has only been an issue at one interview (Expressjet). Hold out at Comair a little while longer if you can. Now that most airlines are making money, hiring is bound to pick up soon.

813CA

You need to make decisions based on what is best for you in your current situation. Advice from just about anyone else is going to be skewed toward their own perceptions on the industry.

You are the guy at Comair and you know best the chances of retaining your job there until the next hiring wave hits. I would look at things like paycuts, bases, commutes, long-term reliability of employment, upgrade times, marketability of training, and overall QOL sacrifices. Look at those factors and compare them to the benefits of staying at Comair and make a decision.

Most importantly; make the decision for yourself, don't let anyone else make it for you.

Do I try and leave before I loose my job sometime in the next year and a half just to start over again at the bottom of another regional. I know Compass and Pinnacle are hiring......

Geez, don't set your goals so high....

Good grief. Why not start over at a larger carrier?!

What's the point of starting over at Compass or Pinnacle? They fight for the scraps of flying Atlanta throws among the dogs just like Comair does.

Ultimately, you're still working for the same employer.

Geez, don't set your goals so high....

Good grief. Why not start over at a larger carrier?!

Well why didn't I think of that?!?!

You should just go to work for UPS, Fedex, Southwest, Delta, Continental, United, Alaska, Hawaiian, US Airways, Airtran, Jetblue, Virgin America, or Allegiant. Just walk into their HR department and give them a copy of your resume. I'm sure they will just welcome you aboard right then and there. Its that EASY!

Oops. I forgot about American. They are hurting for pilots. They will probably put you in a class today!

the bottom of a list at a crappy 5000 pilot regional is the last place i wold want to be.(pinnacle/compass/eagle) Go fly night cargo or some place where you can get PIC. I mean even you know by now that an RJ is not that shinny. Well it is a bit shinny than then Dash8 but you get the point.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back