• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Netjets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Same boat. 2 airlines, a corporate flight dept and thousands of hrs instructing behind me.
Loved ACA, hated Trash States. I absolutely loved working at NJA for the first six years...Then came the changes.
Now I can't wait to leave. I knew it was time to go when I was in STL looking at the Trash States guys and feeling slightly envious and nostalgic. You have to understand how much I hated working at Trash States to understand the absurdity of the feelings of nostalgia. It makes no sense whatsoever. That's what pushed me over the fence to make my decision to leave NJA...in my 11th year too.
I have 18 or 19 yrs to go to 65. I'd be a fool to stay. As much as I'd like to have hope for the next contract, I'm afraid whatever pay we got, no matter how high, would not make up for the permanent culture change we have now. Santulli is gone, Uncle Gary is gone, its all gone. It will be angst forever.
You could pay me $300,000 and I'd work long enough to emerge from debt, then quit the very next day. Sad, I was going to be a lifer here.

Same boat. 2 airlines, a corporate flight dept and thousands of hrs instructing behind me.
Loved ACA, hated Trash States. I absolutely loved working at NJA for the first six years...Then came the changes.
Now I can't wait to leave. I knew it was time to go when I was in STL looking at the Trash States guys and feeling slightly envious and nostalgic. You have to understand how much I hated working at Trash States to understand the absurdity of the feelings of nostalgia. It makes no sense whatsoever. That's what pushed me over the fence to make my decision to leave NJA...in my 11th year too.
I have 18 or 19 yrs to go to 65. I'd be a fool to stay. As much as I'd like to have hope for the next contract, I'm afraid whatever pay we got, no matter how high, would not make up for the permanent culture change we have now. Santulli is gone, Uncle Gary is gone, its all gone. It will be angst forever.
You could pay me $300,000 and I'd work long enough to emerge from debt, then quit the very next day. Sad, I was going to be a lifer here.

Atleast your smart enough to recognize it. Without santulli there will be no next good contract. You have to have two willing participants in a business and contract negotiations. What's even more pathetic is flight options/flex will never even come close to what you have now, but the guys living in BFE will do whatever it takes to stay where they are. Make the most of what's left of your career. The derelict sobs running the fracs don't give a damn about anything or anyone but themselves

I feel the same way, but sometimes things at a company get better after they got bad. We will see.

I feel the same way, but sometimes things at a company get better after they got bad. We will see.

I thought you were leaving? Resume's were out?

Now that your'e staying are you going to join the fight or just stay on the sidelines?

Still looking for other opportunities.

Oh.

Bummer I was hoping you were joining us.

Well at least you can just coast along till something comes along.

When less than 50% of the furloughed pilots return, that tells you something. When new hire classes have nearly 40% no shows, that tells you something. When management says "only 30%" of our pilots are looking to leave (keep in mind that's 900 pilots), that tells you something.
It HAS to be the union's fault:rolleyes::smash:

I pulled the plug on NJA not too long ago for bigger and better things. New company told me to go out and buy an iPad, do what you want with it, use the aircrafts wi-fi for anything you need, call home from overseas whenever you need to. Your company card is for whatever you need, if you use it by accident, no problem, just let us know. No limit on what meals cost overseas. I was perplexed, is this how normal companies operate? With a metrics driven EMT, the culture at NJA will never return to what it used to be. I feel those that stay are still in love with the old NetJets. I admit, so was I but I had to get over that. Its a new animal and I couldn't handle staffing levels in my fleet and the schedule. The pace of the operation was not sustainable for me personally. I can't remember anytime in the last six months where I had more than an hour between flights where I didn't have to slam my crew food down and go, go, go.

I hope the best for my union brothers and sisters at NJA. I hope they don't mind me attending a picket or two to show my support. The pilot group deserves nothing but the best because they work harder than any group of pilot's I have ever worked with. With that said, don't be stuck on the brand that once was, go somewhere that values you and gives you the power and trust to do your job without fear.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back