• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Fortune 100 for NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey now. These are hard times. Let's not wish ill of our brothers in order to improve our own lot in life.

I am not wishing ill will on anyone. I am just stating the facts. If you read my next line in that previous post, I said that others will keep their G2 and supplement it with a QS ultra.

Just the facts.

...And yes, fact is, NJs will lose some owners.

I am not wishing ill will on anyone. I am just stating the facts. If you read my next line in that previous post, I said that others will keep their G2 and supplement it with a QS ultra.

Just the facts.

...And yes, fact is, NJs will lose some owners.

G2's? G3's?

are you serious?

Does anyone outside of bottom feeder charter run these things anymore??

Pilots love to think of themselves as immune. Look at all the DAL/United guys in the late 90's.....They were set for life.

HAHAHA!

Now why would they do something lame like that? Falcons *SUCK*!

The only people who like Falcons are those who drink the koolaid. ;)

(Falcons have some good points, but they're not that numerous IMHO. The plane is overrated--you know that from firsthand experience!) :D

Last edited:
HAHAHA!

Now why would they do something lame like that? Falcons *SUCK*!

The only people who like Falcons are those who drink the koolaid. ;)

(Falcons have some good points, but they're not that numerous IMHO. The plane is overrated--you know that from firsthand experience!) :D

The "joker" returns....

Add this to the mix: My department has 2 new aircraft (easy to sell). In the 3 years I have been there 95% of our flying comprise of: 1) 2x a week shuttle to a point that is 200mi driving distance, 2) once every other month we use both planes and go to TEB for company meetings, 3) the founder of the company (who is mid 90's, ya, and has been the MAJOR propenent for airplanes for the past # of years) averages 2-3 days a week. And of all that #3 is about 50% of the useage. I can almost see with the natural progression of time the companys "need" for airplanes to be different. Maybe I am reading too much into things.

Especially after reading your last post I would be thinking NJA(or at least looking for a new part 91 gig) As others have mentioned one of the biggest things is the 7n7 schedule, if you have never worked anything similar to it you will be in for a big change. I personally like the 7n7 but I some of the captains I fly with hate it...I'm not at NJA but same deal we just have no choice other than 7n7 but it is one of the biggest factors involved for some people. I would love to go to 14n14 but that makes 95% of the people cringe!

B

I've been with NJA about 1.5 years. I didn't read the whole thread, but one thing to consider is upgrade time if you get hired now. Upgrade is currently 3+ and rising. The company has stated a goal of 5000 pilots, we're around 2800 now, and the typical PIC/SIC ratio is 60/40%. This means upgrades for new hires may be only from attrition.
Its a great place to be, but in the game of musical chair upgrade the music is stopping.
Something to consider...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back