Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Melon said:
I didn't think the 190 was an "RJ"?

It is odd that anything made by Embraer is an RJ but NW DC-9s were never considered RJ's even though the EMB-145 goes faster, further and higher.

I never got that one.

Did you also think that Embraer would come out with a 100+ seat aircraft in 1995-96 and get away with calling it a regional jet. I'm really impressed with how these large RJs were back-doored into this business. "Oh its just a 50 seat rj." "Oh its just a 105 seat rj",..

Those sneaky bastards.

wndshr said:
just wondering how long will an upgrade take at delta now that their was a whole bunch of retirements.

Good question. The SLC CPO put out the following figures:

Pilots age 50-55...999
pilots 55+...236

It won't be long before you're looking at 15+ year upgrades if they aren't there already.

The decision to leave a major isn't something taken lightly. There are still many unknowns, but it won't be too before you can say you've seen DL at its absolute worst and make plans based on that.

Of course, if you can leave and keep the "come back" option open, that's good too.

Paul R. Smith said:
Did you also think that Embraer would come out with a 100+ seat aircraft in 1995-96 and get away with calling it a regional jet. I'm really impressed with how these large RJs were back-doored into this business. "Oh its just a 50 seat rj." "Oh its just a 105 seat rj",..

pretty smart marketing if you ask me. Not only have they built something to comply with scope clauses every step of the way, they actually built something a little bigger. Scope is 70 seats, ok lets build a 70 seat RJ with a 90 seat version. Now the pressure is on to allow the regionals to fly the 90 seater cause its the same type. Scope 90 seats, ok lets build a 85 seater, with a 100 to 120 seat version (the EBM-175, up to 86 seats, and 190/195 up to 118 seats). Next you will see some airlines cave on 100 seat scope, and already we have Bombardier talking about building a jet with 110 and 130 seat versions. And my bet is the press, because its built by Bombardier, will call it an RJ.

Latest resources

Back