Leave Delta for Jetblue???

2auburn

Total Time
enough
pulled the post because the thread was going to end up as a pissing contest and not constructive thoughts

Last edited:

jmorgan

Total Time
6000+
I am in the same boat that you are in. I have about 200 below me at Delta and am worried about being furloughed again! I would wait to see if we do in fact get furloughed. If we do then go to Jet Blue, you do not have to give up your # at Delta and you could alway go back if Delta turns things around. It is all about options.

ATR-DRIVR

Used Register
Total Time
18k+
If you haven't got your stuff in already, do it and don't look back if you get the offer.

Sailpilot

Total Time
10:32a
Has JetBlue made the offer? If not it takes about 1 /12 to 2 years before the call. Then there is that little thing called an interview.

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
Jet Blue baby!!!!! Don't look back run!!!! Is your name Mark?

FreightNazi

not an ACMI
Total Time
lots
2auburn said:
Just looking for any thoughts about leaving Delta with a little less than 6 years invested, 33 years old, furloughed for 2 years, recalled in 2004, have about 300 behind me now, live local, $98/hour (soon to be reduced), chance of being re-furloughed, etc.

Go to Jetblue and start over for the peanut wages (I know they get better), no contract, commute to JFK, 5 year contract, chance to be on the front of the hiring wave, new airplanes, young workforce, etc.

Not trying to start a fight just looking for constructive thoughts.

Respectfully,

Why don't you try UPS or FedEx?

B6Driver

Total Time
10000+
Because JetBlue is really a great place to work.
Please, only choose to work here if you really want to.

Booster

Been around a while
Total Time
17K+
DL vs B6

Even if you are undecided right now put all your info in on the B6 site and get that ball rolling. When/if you get the interview and job offer (at least a year down the line) you can make your decision then. You'll know a lot more about Delta & Jet Blue situation by then.

Good Luck

AMRCostUnit

Back on the 737
Total Time
Just thinking out loud here...if you live in local in ATL what about Air Tran. Having had to do a few times in the past, commuting is no fun at full pay and is expensive. Stay local and fly and work on a Plan B that can give you some freedom from the airline business.

Unit
Not Free Yet

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
2auburn said:
and by the way $37/hour is peanut wages for a 100 seater (190 first year)
Make sure you tell them that at your already scheduled interview. Not that it's anything that they don't already know, but I think it's important that they know that you understand this.

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
2auburn said:
. having already been told in my career I would "be a Captain in 3 years" (TWA 1996)
....those b***ards told me the same thing at OZ in 1986:smash:

KC-10 Driver

Total Time
~7500
Tough call -- obviously, you want to have as many options as possible.

When do you think a potential furlough might hit you? If not furloughed, would you take a leave of absence from Delta (would they allow you to do that to go to JetBlue?), or would you have to resign?

Don't get me wrong -- I'm very happy at JetBlue, but I also know that there must be a huge discomfort factor leaving a job one knows for another one.

I believe going to JetBlue would almost certainly be a good move, but nothing is guaranteed. As I said above, it's good to have as many options as possible.

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
It would appear that way and from the quotes, it seems to make sense:)

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
seemed fairly innocuous to me....you really think the web police are lurking?:pimp:

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Total Time
15000+
JethroF15 said:
So why did you go and remove all your posts? Worried about something you said?:confused:
leaving Delta with a little less than 6 years invested, 33 years old, furloughed for 2 years, recalled in 2004, have about 300 behind me now, live local.

Sounds pretty anonymous to me.:rolleyes: