• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leather Jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mine came from Perrone. It bled all over two shirts during a January rain last winter. It hung in the closet for the rest of the winter and that is where it will be this year too. I can't afford to replace shirts.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. AirTran's are tacky and don't match the navy uniform pants etc. I had a Perrone at COEX and it was great. I prefer the blazer and take a sweater on trips North in the winter. Sweaters provide warmth and go well with jeans and also provide some padding in your bag for your laptop computer. Rumor has it AirTran will have uniform sweaters this year with the logo like CAL/CALEX used to have. I hope so however I still will bring a few of my own for layovers in order to avoid identifying myself should I visit an adult establishment providing beverages of the adult variety.

IAHERJ

I am curiuos as to where the Airtran guys buy their jackets. Anyone know?

You can get a jacket either from LLBean, from the company store, or from Abbotts (sp?)

If you consider Abbotts look into www.airborne-leathers.com first, that’s where Abbotts buys them from (know it from their store manager :)).

6 months ago they had a $59 special, now it looks like $98, still pretty good deal. Disadvantage – you have to buy and attach the name patch yourself (total cost ~$35, including the epaulettes)

CL604DRVR said:
Mine came from Perrone. It bled all over two shirts during a January rain last winter. It hung in the closet for the rest of the winter and that is where it will be this year too. I can't afford to replace shirts.

I had that happen too. Is there any fix for this?

lumax said:
Alaska uses San Diego Leather and there have been a few complaints about the color fading and the black color bleeding on the the shirt collar.
I have a Perrone jacket from my old company and it still looks almost new after 8 years of use.

I bought the one through the San Diego leather Company and i have had the same problem with it bleeding on to my shirst after it got wet. I even bought the expensive New Zealand Deer Skin. It feels great and wears great but i just don't like the way it is cut around the front part of the neck. It has a space for yor tie or something. I have a hard time describing it but with the liner in it is really warm in the winter.

CL604DRVR said:

Wow,

Never heard of that happening. I've been caught in some real downpours, and never had a drop of rain get through. Maybe ours are a different material.

AirTran company store gets their leather jackets from neil cooper, you can find them on the internet at neilcooperusa.com. The actual jacket is the A2 Bomber/Item #GT6150. I have had no bleed through problems, but living up north the jacket is not exactly what I call "heavy duty." Hope that helps a bit.

See ya-
mchdtw

Ours are heavy and bulky, but anything's better than being dressed like someone that drives ships. Aye Aye, Cap'n!

The best part is after you land you put on the jacket, pull off the clip on tie, ditch the velcro wings, and within seconds you look like a regular person (we don't have those tacky epaulets on the jacket).

viper548 said:
I had that happen too. Is there any fix for this?

I have heard that Perrone will replace the collar, but I have not followed it up mainly because ours are too bulky and they have the company logo embroidered on them, so it hard to wear them out on the town. Hence it lives in the closet.

Latest resources

Back