• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leather Jacket ???'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honestly, I'm ASA too, I went with the $35 black sweater from Crewoutfitters... really nice, kept me warm all last winter even in GRR, CAK, FNT, etc... don't get the sleeveless like some dou**e did, but the sweater is really nice and costs almost nothing.

Max,
Just wondering what size you're looking for?
I have one, worn 1 year, I love the jacket but just not something I want to lug around. Pm me if you're interested.
Anyone for that matter if they would like a jacket. I am sure we can figure out a good price for it.

I have a Gibson and Barnes size 38T that I'll sell to someone for 100 bucks. PM me if your interested.

The Perrone is flat out a better product, side side by side with the other and it is very obvious.

It’s that time of year again and I have decided to order a leather jacket, but which brand is best?
Which jacket would you guys recommend for an ASA pilot?
Gibson and Barnes “Skyliner leather flight jacket” Or Perrone “Professional aviator’s jacket”?

What are the differences? Name tags, epaulets, types of leather, liners (zip out vs. sown in), style/construction.

Neither...They're ugly as hell!!!

The Perrone is flat out a better product, side side by side with the other and it is very obvious.

The Gibson and Barnes jacket is made of a much better quality leather. Maybe too good, because it looks stiff for quite a while. The Perrone leather is not as durable but breaks-in faster. One example of the relative quality is the back panel. The back panel of the Gibson and Barnes jacket is made of 1 large panel while the back panel of the Perrone jacket is made of 2 smaller panels with a seam running down the middle.

I thought about one myself but they made me look like a big chocolate covered marshmallow...
Some situps, couple of push-ups will help with that. lay off of the Philly cheesesteaks too, salad(not tossed) too.
BAAAHAAAA
PBR

I just use my Starter "Chicago Bulls" jacket.
Sounds about for a 152 wrangler. Hows that blowjhet app coming? That bathhouse arrest catch up with you yet?
PBR

Latest resources

Back