• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Leather Jacket ???'s

maddmax10001

Total Time
It’s that time of year again and I have decided to order a leather jacket, but which brand is best?
Which jacket would you guys recommend for an ASA pilot?
Gibson and Barnes “Skyliner leather flight jacket” Or Perrone “Professional aviator’s jacket”?

What are the differences? Name tags, epaulets, types of leather, liners (zip out vs. sown in), style/construction.

Tarzan

Total Time
Good luck getting it before March 09. Most guys wear the Perrone.

atlcrjdriver

Total Time
4K+
It’s that time of year again and I have decided to order a leather jacket, but which brand is best?
Gibson and Barnes “Skyliner leather flight jacket” Or Perrone “Professional aviator’s jacket”?

What are the differences? Name tags, epaulets, types of leather, liners (zip out vs. sown in), style/construction.

Perrone is very well made IMHO and comes w/ a zip out liner. The name tage and epaulets are velcro. Once ordered it can take about 2-3 months to recieve.

snap145

Total Time
5+
I just got my Perrone for Pinnacle...it took me four weeks to the day to recieve mine...but the young lady I talked to on the phone said if you want it by winter order it ASAP...id get on it now if you want it before xmas....she said the wait list was growing....

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
I thought about one myself but they made me look like a big chocolate covered marshmallow...

ALIMBO

Total Time
I just use my Starter "Chicago Bulls" jacket.

ALIMBO

Total Time
Hell ya! What about the starter mesh jumpsuits?

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf
Honestly, I'm ASA too, I went with the $35 black sweater from Crewoutfitters... really nice, kept me warm all last winter even in GRR, CAK, FNT, etc... don't get the sleeveless like some dou**e did, but the sweater is really nice and costs almost nothing.

rightseatjocky

GO PADRES
Total Time
Max,
Just wondering what size you're looking for?
I have one, worn 1 year, I love the jacket but just not something I want to lug around. Pm me if you're interested.
Anyone for that matter if they would like a jacket. I am sure we can figure out a good price for it.

knewhigher

Total Time
I have a Gibson and Barnes size 38T that I'll sell to someone for 100 bucks. PM me if your interested.

CFIT

Gimme your money
Total Time
1:51pm
The Perrone is flat out a better product, side side by side with the other and it is very obvious.

Homer Jay

Total Time

Neither...They're ugly as hell!!!

EMcx2

Total Time
A Bit
The Perrone is flat out a better product, side side by side with the other and it is very obvious.

The Gibson and Barnes jacket is made of a much better quality leather. Maybe too good, because it looks stiff for quite a while. The Perrone leather is not as durable but breaks-in faster. One example of the relative quality is the back panel. The back panel of the Gibson and Barnes jacket is made of 1 large panel while the back panel of the Perrone jacket is made of 2 smaller panels with a seam running down the middle.

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
I thought about one myself but they made me look like a big chocolate covered marshmallow...
Some situps, couple of push-ups will help with that. lay off of the Philly cheesesteaks too, salad(not tossed) too.
BAAAHAAAA
PBR

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
I just use my Starter "Chicago Bulls" jacket.
Sounds about for a 152 wrangler. Hows that blowjhet app coming? That bathhouse arrest catch up with you yet?
PBR