Learjet 45 crashes in Telluride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know - go figure...It was totaled.

Don't know what regulations you have been reading but you can depart under Part 91 zero-zero to an airport that is zero-zero and do as many approachs at that airport as you want and then go to your alternate. The only restriction is fuel. Not the smartest thing to do, but legal.

Oh really? So the little tables detailing the approach speeds and such don't apply? And when the say that an approach for that catagory are not authorized, it means nothing?
Good luck with that.

Hung

It sounds as if Gulfstream 2345 is not quite up to speed on what NA means on the approach plate.

But then his profile shows he's pretty new to aviation, so I guess we'll cut him some slack...

Geez!

I remember an FAA inspector in LA telling a story of a Gulfstream captain flying into Burbank well below mins. When questioned, the captain had absolutely no idea about approach mins, alternates, etc.

Might have knew them at one time but after years and years and years of flying, and no one questioning (part 91) ....

Pretty amazing.

I remember an FAA inspector in LA telling a story of a Gulfstream captain flying into Burbank well below mins. When questioned, the captain had absolutely no idea about approach mins, alternates, etc.

Might have knew them at one time but after years and years and years of flying, and no one questioning (part 91) ....

Pretty amazing.

Most G-whiz captains are the same..............:laugh:

Heard the Same about the Burbank 'G' Captain. Clay someone or another? Heard he started a magazine or something awhile back.

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back