• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learjet 45 crashes in Telluride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You see Avbug, they're called aircraft limitations. My Gulfstream, and every other jet I have flown, says there is a +-2% runway gradient allowed. Whomever sliced TEX into that moutain did so with "fuzzy math" that somehow proved <2%. Come to think of it, the Rose Bowl is the same way! But someday you'll learn, or perhaps not--the cemetery could always use
another spineless yesman like yourself! You keep going there and bring your lunch to cheer on that super 152 glider tow that you are so fond of.

The slope for RWY 9 is +.26%, the slope for RWY 27 -.26%. The runway gradient is 0%. Telluride is a great airport, and the T shirts are cool.

You see Avbug, they're called aircraft limitations. My Gulfstream, and every other jet I have flown, says there is a +-2% runway gradient allowed. Whomever sliced TEX into that moutain did so with "fuzzy math" that somehow proved <2%. Come to think of it, the Rose Bowl is the same way! But someday you'll learn, or perhaps not--the cemetery could always use
another spineless yesman like yourself! You keep going there and bring your lunch to cheer on that super 152 glider tow that you are so fond of.

Just a point of reference, the Falcon 900 is +/- 2.5% but your point is well taken.

What about the OP...........

2 Whiz-kids land 40 feet left of the runway and total a Lear 45 after possibly shooting a Cat A/B only approach, which in turn puts themselves and 9 other pilots out of work at the parent company.

Last edited:
They are doing a $52 million dollar revamp of the airport and runway. Runway will be level and there will be overuns with that crushed concrete stuff. It is supposed to be closed at some point for a few months during this project.

Not so fast, they've been asking the FAA for that money for several years, and if they do get it (they probably won't) it is a several year process. The line guy told me they are resurfacing one of the runways at KDEN, and he think the feds will allocate the money there.

The airport is under a myriad of improvements as we speak if you go to the Telluride Airport Website you can view the Master plan and which phase is currently underway. They plan on reducing or removing it completely the dip and lengthening the runway over 600 feet if all the funds are available.

http://www.tellurideairport.com/master_plan.html

The Company previously mentioned has laid off pilots due to the down turn in the economy like so many. Out of 11 pilots only a small number due to the incident/accident at KTEX. I worked for them and recently spoke with one of the Lear 45/35 Line Captains.

Agreed. Telluride is fine as long as we operate within the envelope. Airnav has some excellent recommendations regarding the airport itself. We operate a G3 and LJ55 in there under VFR straight-in only and NO excessive wind - meaning observing the tailwind limitation and no adverse windshear otherwise it can be bad ju ju...

Last edited:
What about the OP...........

2 Whiz-kids land 40 feet left of the runway and total a Lear 45 after possibly shooting a Cat A/B only approach, which in turn puts themselves and 9 other pilots out of work at the parent company.

Hear hear, and rumor has it that the genius captain on this flight was NOT amongst the pilots who were laid off!

My "Brother & Sister" put 2 of my real "Brothers" out of work due to _____________!

Can't wait to read the final report.......

It's getting better-- the crew actually shot this approach TWICE, then balled it up on the runway (or somwhere near the runway) on the second attempt..

From what I heard from one of the people associated with the company. It's because the FAA and NTSB are trying to determine if it was an accident or incident. It seems obvious doesn't it?

Latest resources

Back