• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LEAR70 (AirTran)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks so much Lear!!! I have a feeling we are all going to be indebted to you when all of this is over...I appreciate all of your efforts!! You are truly a blessing.

Wow Lear....arent you the big man on campus!!!! Your own thread!!! Niccccccccce.

disclaimer..lear and I are good friends.

... I felt it rather rude to leave up, plus I've always said if AP changes his ways and gets aggressive for his pilots, I'd support him, ...........Last I heard it was about 1/3 of the way, 80 signatures out of about 240 needed.

I'll beg to differ. I’ve just seen 2 sets of signatures w/40+ on each (2 different guys). This is excluding other (system-wide) effort by many others. Allen will never get aggressive for ANYTHING & this alone makes him hard to support. He needs to go & the sooner, the better.

This "panel" is just another maneuver. The other three he mentions in his email are in the top 10 to 15% of the seniority & hardly a proportionate "sampling" of the "pilots' expectations." Those same three were, probably, recommended by KG (same "Pilot Advisory Board" terminology). Two of them are management pilots & the third favors the TA in its current form. Let me just say that while I have a high regard for your effort, your chances will be the same as Mike B’s. He, too, was outnumbered.

P.S. Weren't you a P2P before & then decided to resign because you disagreed with Allen? Didn't you think it was just as "rude to leave up" back then? Ironic that you would decide to go back ... but in a different capacity. This is not a potshot, just an observation. Good luck!

Wow Lear....arent you the big man on campus!!!! Your own thread!!!
Ummm... no, not really, no. *sigh* (shaking head).

Nothing like being barely off probation and having a bunch of people instantly dislike you from one thing you put out (senior management, senior NPA negotiators, etc).

Lots of line guys appreciate it, not too many of the people in power do. :( Oh well, what can ya' do?

Crosscut said:
P.S. Weren't you a P2P before & then decided to resign because you disagreed with Allen? Didn't you think it was just as "rude to leave up" back then? Ironic that you would decide to go back ... but in a different capacity. This is not a potshot, just an observation. Good luck!
No, not really. As long as I was P2P, I didn't have anything up there against the NPA or any of its officials, I just disagreed with them.

Once I resigned from P2P and union activity, I felt free to engage in whatever activities I felt morally and ethically complied to do.

Once I agreed to help again, although in a different position, I felt it improper to leave up something that actively undermined the same effort I'm not trying to be a part of.

Hope that helps clarify...

Thanks Lear... And good luck, your gonna need it. Vince G. would probably vote for more of a concession than the current TA offers... I have a feeling its gonna be a tough uphill battel, but having you in DC is a big relief for 90% of our pilot group. At least now we know there will be 1 person who truly stands for the pilots.... Good luck, and give em hell..

Lear,

DOn't forget to stress the $hit FO pay. Where is 2/3 capt pay industry standard? Don't bite on the upgrade carrot, it's not coming anytime soon. Senior greed must be stopped!!!

Lear, good luck I trust you won't sell us out like that P.O.S. SH.

Fletch

Wait, Let me tell you how I really feel without all the sugar coated words.

how about negating all current side letters and requiring them to be spelled out in the contract... if they are worthless and not in the pilot group's best interest they need to be thrown out now and not allowed to without a time frame. I heard that there is a side letter requiring a doctor's note for anything over a 20 sick call. Not certain if this is true but I sure would like to see member ratification on all side letters from here on out. Christmas fiasco and sap2 jump out as a prime example. They had my support but quickly erroded it through poor decision making and leadership that blames the membership for its failures. You cannot lead from the rear. Lead, follow or get out of the way. If you can't be honest with the pilots you are supposed to represent then you should step down, fly the line and go home.Lear, Thank you for your honest assessment. You have earned my respect as a fellow pilot and person of fortitude. Your observations and convictions will be relied upon by many hopeful to keep the table clear of the BS on BOTH sides of the table.P.S. If you are looking for a pretty decent start for the new contract there is a pretty good one that was the NPA's proposal to the company a couple of years back. I guess they forgot they put it there. I guess that was more along the lines of what I was expecting from the BOD and NC.Thanls again Rich.... lookibng forward to shaking your hand day. Beer will be on me.

Lear,

What's the latest after today's meeting? Are you still going to Washington? That will say alot after what you said you would and wouldn't do.

Latest resources

Back